PDA

View Full Version : Thought.....

Hawk
03-31-2010, 11:52 PM
I am not you and you are not me, that is for sure...

This has been something I never did before.

You walked in my shoes and saw how it was,

I took stride in you, and felt blessed from above.

I looked up to you, this you should know.

This last thing, that you did, delt quite a blow.

I still like you, regardless, I am still your friend.

This event shall happen, not ever again.

:ninja: ;) :ninja: :p :ninja: :) :ninja:

Quote:

"...be careful about thy neighbor, for he might creep out of the shadow and cripple you when you least exect it and take your place onto the game... and then after-wards you might hear rumors and whispers all around that he might be cheating and that he is using an Alias. Is he really cheating? who cares! let's say he is and learn to love to hate him..."
Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Eli
04-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Well done, Hawk, well done.

Hawk
04-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Well done, Hawk, well done.

Always remember, when you point fingers at someone, there are 3 pointing right back at you underneath. :rolleyes:

Jamie Greer
04-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore. Because our mortal journey is over all too soon.

Dorian1
04-02-2010, 12:18 AM
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Jamie Greer
04-03-2010, 10:20 PM
We say that the hour of death cannot be forecast, but when we say this we imagine that hour as placed in an obscure and distant future. It never occurs to us that it has any connection with the day already begun or that death could arrive this same afternoon, this afternoon which is so certain and which has every hour filled in advance.

Jamie Greer
04-03-2010, 10:31 PM
[CENTER]
Quote:

"...be careful about thy neighbor, for he might creep out of the shadow and cripple you when you least exect it and take your place onto the game... and then after-wards you might hear rumors and whispers all around that he might be cheating and that he is using an Alias. Is he really cheating? who cares! let's say he is and learn to love to hate him..."
Tuesday, October 28, 2008

[I]Always remember, when you point fingers at someone, there are 3 pointing right back at you underneath. :rolleyes:

Ah yes, Death tends to do that to a person. Creep out of the shadows and cripple you when you are least expecting it. Might it be in a game or real life, death has a way to know when your time is up in life, and when that time comes, you then will see the life you had and the life you would have had flash right infront of you. Only then do you think is this really happening to me? Is my life over, just like that.

Mister Brooks
04-04-2010, 04:09 AM
Death is a fickle creature. You can attempt to evade her as long as you can, but eventually she will catch up with you. :wheelchair:

Which reminds me of a known tale (for which there are a number of versions in different books that include the tale), which is one of my favorites. It basically goes like this:

Death speaks:
There was a merchant in Bagdad who sent his servant to market to buy provisions and in a little while the servant came back, white and trembling, and said, Master, just now when I was in the marketplace I was jostled by a woman in the crowd and when I turned I saw it was Death that jostled me. She looked at me and made a threatening gesture, now, lend me your horse, and I will ride away from this city and avoid my fate. I will go to Samarra and there Death will not find me.

The merchant lent him his horse, and the servant mounted it, and he dug his spurs in its flanks and as fast as the horse could gallop he went.

Then the merchant went down to the marketplace and he saw me standing in the crowd and he came to me and said, Why did you make a threating getsture to my servant when you saw him this morning?

That was not a threatening gesture, I said, it was only a start of surprise. I was astonished to see him in Bagdad, for I had an appointment with him tonight in Samarra.

Hawk
04-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Ok, why did this thread migrate into the dark depths of the unknown which is the domain of death?

I started this thread not on death but on what I felt would be a budding friendship with someone. :ninja:

It is not about death but about life. I have a life beyond this game of death. I have made friends within the folds of this game called Funeral Quest and I care about all of them. I cherish the time I have with them in the cafe as we play, laugh, pretend, use our imagination and sometimes even cry with each other. THAT is life within something that surrounds death.

My friends care about other aspects of me besides how many bp's I made that day or what crappy customers I had or what rank I am in at the moment. Understand that? My life on the game does not consist OF the game but of the people that play this game for various reasons. That is important to me.

I love this game, true, my hat's off to Seth, whom I do believe has played his own game other than to test it and whom I do believe would be rather good at it regardless of what some may think that he would be crappy at it. Nonetheless, my love of the game has expanded to include those I have become aquainted with which has spilled over into other things and places on this vast space we call the internet.

We are as close as people can get with sometimes thousands of miles between us or even separated by oceans on the opposite sides of this wonderful earth that we share.

I used a quote by someone I read on a webpage and I immediately admired for his brilliance, cunningness and stamina to mention a few things. I wanted to get to know this person, so I thought. The idea thrilled me at first. I thought perhaps this a chance to get to know someone different from myself, a different culture, a different life. It would be like reading an exciting book about an exotic and ancient place, but it turned into something else.

Evidently there are people all over the world that seem to sink more into this game than what should be, as they do other games. Sometimes our imaginations take us over for a fleeting moment without our even realizing this. When a game becomes more important than say a budding friendship, THAT is the time to step back and takk a good look at what you have become.

I have played countless games in my life from AD&D, RPG, Disc games on entertainment centers (massive amounts) and now even World of Warcraft. Funerall Quest is no different than the rest of the games we play. I have seen these very games creep into the lives of those who play and take them over, possess them, turning them into something they are not, or should not be. That is sad. I hope that I NEVER get that far and I am thankful that I have enough intelligence to realize this is happening and back up, take a break and really look at what is happening.

I hope those involved, realize I am speaking to YOU, this is how I really feel. I could go on and on, but it is apparent that some don't give a crap ( :poop: ) about me or my life or anything beyond the folds of this seductive game.

I care about all my friends I have made. This one event has turned me into something I despise and I do NOT like that, however, I will honor my word to the end as THAT is what sort of person I am. I have lied to, decieved basically turned my back on the few for the one. I was backed into a corner and I do not like that. Even winners must lose from time to time to keep their perspective in life, even in a game. Don't be consumed by that which you love.

I am backing out of the game gracefully as I can, damage done, feelings hurt, I am so sorry for my part in this whole charrade. Those of you who know already through your own deduction, thank you for that. It showed me that you really do pay attention to what I talk about in our brief enounters on the game. Thank you.

I kept my word and shall to the end. I will keep playing but not compete. I will end this here. Good luck to whomever may win, if it is THAT important to you to keep up reputations. Just remember who's shoes you walk, have compasion upon them, when those twins come around with their fires, or thosetigers come to devour what little luck you have. Be thankful for the sparrows that make you smile for you are the undertaker, the mortician, even you cannot escape that which eventually happens to us all as YOU are on death's list as well, mortician....:eek:

Hawk
04-04-2010, 01:14 PM
YANG SAY: CHEATER ONLY CHEATER WHEN CAUGHT....

Mister Brooks
04-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Some people play games seriously, and at some times, just the right moment. There is nothing wrong with this. Games are to give us entertainment. They stimulate our senses when we constrain ourselves to a set of rules we must follow. These sensations are what give us an experience, whether it be a simple game, or complex. Single, 2, 3, 4 or multi-player versions are not excluded. Even minigames.

It is, in part, played by a society regardless of the character of the people. Whether it'd be board games, or computer games, it does not matter to the dedicated the medium in which they paint their canvas. Some do get serious about their devotion, that it matters the manner in which you play - a custom courtesy, if you will.

When playing Funeral Quest, Death is an unavoidable subject. In life, death is unavoidable. My little tale is an old but wise story, of how one can try to cheat death, but eventually your time will come. It is not just a story about Death. It is a lesson of life.

You just learn to live with what you have, because life is short my friend. Always look on the bright side of life.

Hawk
04-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Credited, MisterBrooks, credited. However my point was, once a cheater, always a cheater, whether it be you, me or anyone else. It does not matter what we (collectively) do when we cheat, it is still cheating in one form or another, everyone does it at some point in their life, and no one is above the law once you get caught. Burden of proof falls upon the accuser in most situations, however, when it comes to Death, The Grim Reaper, The Collector of Souls, none are exempt. Not even the Elite of the flock.

neomio
04-05-2010, 09:07 PM
You have GOT to be kidding!!!!!

What I have learned in the past couple of weeks is: play the game for enjoyment only, avoid the intrigue, stay out of the cafe, and above all, don't trust anyone.

Hawk
04-07-2010, 01:42 AM
You have GOT to be kidding!!!!!

What I have learned in the past couple of weeks is: play the game for enjoyment only, avoid the intrigue, stay out of the cafe, and above all, don't trust anyone.

***???

Like you stay out of the cafe? Uh-huh, right, sure you do, just "checking things out"? Uh-huh right.

First you go off on a tangen about cheating and this and that, now you say, avoid it? HA, you are as big a part of this thing as anyone there, probably more now.

You will see in the end. I have washed my hands of this competition for my own reasons of which this thread was all about.

I have had a very long, hard day, so if you will excuse me now I think I will go puke!

Mister Brooks
04-07-2010, 03:37 PM
I leave for this competition, and look what happened! This is very shameful and embarrassing for me. Now every time I mention the game in other places, this was not what I meant. This taints the image this game was meant to be. This was not a simple flash game, and yet it has been treated ugly!

Bexangel
04-07-2010, 06:55 PM
I leave for this competition, and look what happened! This is very shameful and embarrassing for me. Now every time I mention the game in other places, this was not what I meant. This taints the image this game was meant to be. This was not a simple flash game, and yet it has been treated ugly!

All the more reason for us (genuine players) to come to the new tourney with a clean slate and actually play the game for fun... Nothing wrong with healthy competition between players ( or Seth is wasting his valuable time tbh..) It's only when it gets personal that it hurts... I was going to post a new thread on the subject, but there's no point, as after 2 or 3 comments, the thread get's distorted.. I've read enough of them to know it's true. Anyway, my point is, can we keep all personal stuff off the announcements? If not the forum..? Just asking, as a lot of newbie's are being put off (for 1 min, stop thinking of your ranking and stragegical moves.. and think of all the newbie's playing for their first time..) Imagine what they must be thinking if they read (some) of the announcements for the first time.. Seth made it so it could be fun.. Let alone if they stumbled across some of the recent threads for FQ :confused:. I'm not having a go at anyone in particular btw, I just want us all to get back to normal (:rolleyes:) next tourney, and be nice to newbies ;). I was one not long ago, and I'm truly grateful to those who have put up with me for so long LOL :crazy: Thank you everyone :p
I was gonna reply after Hawk's epic post ;) but she said it all, and I couldn't possibly compete with the replies that followed.. You are all so intelligent and articulate that whatever I'd post would sound crap lol. (I'll be back on form soon, lol, I'm just building up my strength... In reality lol, not on FQ)... If only it was that easy... :eek:. Well done to whoever wins this tourney, and good luck to everyone in the next one.

Mister Brooks
04-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Well, given the extension for this tourney, I can't say it has been all healthy lately.

Bexangel
04-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Will you be joining us for the next tourney Mister Brooks? Regardless of how long? :) Please? (I'm sort of begging you here on the forum lol) I think the next one is gonna be fun and light-hearted.. it's what we all make it imho (in my humble opinion) ;)

Hawk
04-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Here are a few of the songs I listen to while playing FQ and what they remind me of....or who, listen to them on YouTube and see what I felt, if you can:

All mine:
"New Divide" - Lincoln Park
"Somewhere I Belong" - Lincoln Park

"If You Only Knew" - Shinedown
Dorian, Kess, Sadge, Bex, Diablo, Sami,
Alex

"Goin' Down" - Sick Puppies
Nairod/Dorian; Sparkling Hawk/Alex

"I Get Off" - Halestorm
Kess, Dorian, Alex, Diablo

"Feel Like a Monster" - Skillet
Michael, Neomio, Whammy and "the gang"

"Check My Brain" - Alice in Chairs
Everyone that plays FQ in general

"Heavy Metal (Take a Ride)" - Don Felder
The Great and Wonderful Funeral Quest Game itself
along with the Magnificent Seth A Robinson.....

These songs gave me the momentum to keep up, the determination NOT to give up when the odds were definately piling up against me, the motivation to finish the game regardless of what happened and above all, the guts to walk in some mighty big shoes; BATTLESHIP SHOES!

My thanks to you all and keep up the good work, I am proud of those who know what I am talking about....

Alex
04-12-2010, 12:20 PM
That's a good idea Hawk! I'll do one too:

Blue Foundation - Eyes On Fire
When taking another player's place onto the game

Blue October - Into The Ocean
Sending Yang

Snow Patrol - It's Beginning To Get to Me
Losing

The Ian Carey Project - Get Shaky

Competing

Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve

Winning

Charlie Clouser - Zepp Overture
The Final Reveal

Alex
04-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Alex say: CHEATER ONLY CHEATER WHEN SETH SAY 'THAT MAN IS A CHEATER'

Mister Brooks
04-12-2010, 04:23 PM
perhaps the tunes of these songs should be played in FQ instead of the old sounds.

Hawk
04-12-2010, 05:36 PM
perhaps the tunes of these songs should be played in FQ instead of the old sounds.

I agree with you on that! LOL

They fit WoW better though, hehehe. I sure would like to have some "runnin' buddies" on that game, LOL.

Hawk
04-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Alex say: CHEATER ONLY CHEATER WHEN SETH SAY 'THAT MAN IS A CHEATER'

Ya, but, Alex is not Yang....hehehe

DUKE OF EARL
04-13-2010, 04:20 AM
ONLY MUSIC I LISTEN TO WHILE PLAYING F.Q.IS ANYTHING BY GENE VINCENT BEST ROCKER OF ALL TIME