PDA

View Full Version : Review and more about Dink Smallwood HD.

Jack Bowe
10-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Review of Dink Smallwood HD.

I have noticed some familiar Sounds on this game to Growtopia:
-Accessing a lock. (Seen in Trailer)
-The sound when a Newbie Tip comes up.
-The Fireplace seems the same.

Controls:
I think this game is pretty well put together, easy to learn the controls to, as on the PC Version you simply use the Arrow Keys to move.
You use the space bar to simply say something random.
Use Space to examine things or talk to someone.
Use shift to use magic, well when and if you learn some!
You press enter to look in your inventory/spell-book.
Press Ctrl to choose which text you like to use when speaking to someone.
Simply walk into something to collect it.
Ctrl also performs actions for what you have equipped, with fist you use it to melee, with Pig Feed, you use it ti feed the pigs in the first mission. The first can break Barrels and such for life points and more.
Hold down TAB for speeding up the game, good for skipping boring stuff.
You press Esc to go to the pause menu, in which you can:
-Quick Save.
-Quick Load.
-View Map.
-Look at the Dink Menu.
-Quit.
-Look at the Options.
-Continue.

Saving:
You can go to a Save Machine to save your game. Like the one below:
You can press Esc to go to the Pause Menu to Quick Save.
When you quit and go back on to Dink Smallwood HD, your game will be at the exact point in which you left.

The game is fairly easy to use, and very simple to follow.
You are a farmer, who ends up doing quests for people, such as defeating monsters to prevent them destroying crops.
You explore mystic lands, enjoying yourself the whole way!
The quests are basic at the beginning but get harder, and seem to keep my wanting to play on and are very intriguing.
The quests go from:
-Feeding Pigs
-Finding Nuts/Ducks and more.
-Defeating Monsters
And more.

You discover many a characters on your adventure, from your mother to magicians! Each and every one, unique. All wanting and doing different things with different examinations and things to help them with and such.

Magic:
In this game, you can learn Magic Spells.
You can find them in your spell-book.
You can use them to defeat monsters.
You learn your first information about magic from a magician in the north east of the woods in his hidden cabin.

Monsters:
There are many monsters and enemies to defeat!
From little bugs to might Dragons!
They do retaliate, and also damage you while doing so, but when defeated, they can bare life points.
Some are even mere chickens, these do not retaliate, but do run headless after hit once.

Dink:
Dink is your character, he is the one who helps people.
He has a rival, Milder, who has applied for Royal Guard, and he is arrogant about it.
Your mother dies, once you return from getting her some AlkNuts.
You are a Pig Farmer, and Milder belittles you for it.

I will update when I learn more and when I get further in, I will write a very detailed and honest review.

~Jack Bowe:wave:

Jack Bowe
10-06-2013, 04:48 AM
Any more Dink Smallwood HD players out there? Wanting to chat on Kik or something, so I can get further into this game and make more parts and make the ones I have more detailed and write a huge full on detailed and honest review?

Jack Bowe
10-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Gonna keep this open.
I am waiting until I get further into the game in my spare time to share my knowledge with you.
But it is generally a great game and is free for PC, I suggest getting it if possible.

I-Am-Legend
10-22-2013, 02:13 AM
Gonna keep this open.
I am waiting until I get further into the game in my spare time to share my knowledge with you.
But it is generally a great game and is free for PC, I suggest getting it if possible.

I'll guess I'll try and play again.

GriarMiter
10-31-2013, 09:15 AM
I suggest getting it if possible.

GriarMiter
10-31-2013, 09:27 AM
I suggest getting it if possible.

tomiemwinsor
11-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Any more Dink Smallwood HD players out there? Wanting to chat on Kik or something, so I can get further into this game and make more parts and make the ones I have more detailed and write a huge full on detailed and honest review?

Hi Jack! I'm also looking for someone to play with!