PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing accounts!

Alex
05-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Hey Seth!

It happened to me twice now, on different servers:

I made an account on the 1st day of the game and after playing a few turns the server crashed for a few seconds and when I tried to log on it told me that the password was incorrect. Once may be a mistake on my behalf but twice.. it's a bug.

This happened on the following servers:

http://fq.bbsfiles.com:8080/
http://www.wastelands-bbs.net:8083/

Tell me if there is something you can do.

Seth
05-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Those servers are sort of limping along unlicensed with older versions, I am not able to support them.

Yeah, sounds like a crash, which kills everything that happened since the last save.

sam
03-30-2013, 06:53 PM
Seth, correct me if I'm wrong: if someone creates an account using a non-existent e-mail, the next day the player can't logon and the account will disappear. It also happens if the game crashes and the person tries to logon after that I think (I'm not sure, I would have to experiment). That seems to me like a security measure, if it is a bug, then it is a "good" bug. :rolleyes:

(Sorry for resuscitating this ancient thread) :prophet:

Alex Charlie
03-30-2013, 11:30 PM
If you set a non-existing e-mail your account will work just as good. Unfortunately there is no e-mail confirmation procedure. If the player has 0 points his account will be erased the following day. This happens also when the player doesn't log into his account for 7 (or was it 5?) consecutive days.

elizanowens
04-08-2013, 03:35 PM
If you set a non-existing e-mail your account will work just as good. Unfortunately there is no e-mail confirmation procedure. If the player has 0 points his account will be erased the following day. This happens also when the player doesn't log into his account for 7 (or was it 5?) consecutive days.

I see so this is the reason why I can't seem to open my account.

Alex Charlie
04-08-2013, 07:28 PM
If you click the ranking page and do not see your name there then that is, most likely, the reason.