PDA

View Full Version : Turn sound off?

Sadge
07-11-2010, 01:41 AM
Sorry if I'm being really stupid about this, but is there a toggle to turn the sound off in the game? I'd like to be able to listen to my own tunes, without the doorbell ringing for every customer.

Hawk
07-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Does your computer have that little sound speaker at the bottom that you can adjust sounds? Mine does and all I do is lower the sound on the FQ game to listen to my own tunes in another window, of course, my computer is my whole entertainment center, LOL.

Sadge
07-13-2010, 03:56 AM
nope, that doesn't work. I have my music in one window, and that damn doorbell sounds over the top of it. If I turn the sound down, everything goes down. Most games have a toggle button to turn sound off or on. Seth?

Seth
07-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Hi, you are right, there is no way within FQ to control the sounds.

A work around Like Hawk alluded to is Vista and Windows 7 offer per-window volume controls.

Sadge
07-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Guess us XP users just have to suffer, then.

harry06
07-31-2010, 05:24 PM
Not all of us are as lucky as HAWK since he has that volume control icon where he can adjust the volume while he is playing FQ games. Just what sadge said, we just have to suffer it then. :)

Hawk
08-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Yup, my new computer has Vista and it is great for the sound control. I can have several windows up and am able to control the sound on each one individually, plus have a voice chat up to boot. Just gotta love technology sometimes, huh? :cool:

Now, just gotta get a cable connection, still have dial up DSL...work good enough for now, but somethings really need the zoom zoom, ya know?