PDA

View Full Version : Upside Down

Kaladan
07-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Hey, folks. New here and I have only one problem so far with Novashell and it is this. It shows up on my screen completely upside down. Even going as far as reversing my mouse controls, up is down and left is right and so on. Any ideas?

Seth
07-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I've seen this reported a few times before (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?1938-Uhhh-upside-down-funny), hrm.

Can you tell me what graphic card you are using? I think it's a Clanlib 1.0 issue but I'm not sure.

branleur
07-13-2010, 01:47 PM
I had this happen to me on my mother's laptop years ago when playing that Coast Guard Rescue game. The laptop has an Intel GMA950. It was still a load of fun. :D

The driver has an inbuilt screen flip and rotate utility that can be used to play pranks on people among other things. When in Novashell, try pressing Ctrl+Alt+UP/down to see if it rectifies it. If it does nothing, then you'll have to enable it in the driver control panel then try pressing it again.

Kaladan
07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
I use free internet at the library, lug my laptop up here once in a while. The laptop is a dinosaur and wouldn't run Novashell for OpenGL incompatibility. Well, I got a desktop for $60 at a thrift store the other day. It's a dinosaur, too, but it runs and it runs Novashell. I haven't really had a chance to see all it's got inside, except for a 20 gig HD! I know, I know, I'm taking care of that really soon. I don't know what the graphics card is, but I'll try the advice so far when I get home and see what it does.

Thanx for the replies!

speeder
07-18-2010, 10:18 PM
If you figure how to reproduce it, tell me, I wanna do it on purpose on my game \o/