PDA

View Full Version : Growing old

Disaster
08-05-2016, 04:47 AM
Is any other 2013 forumer or 2013 Growtopia player growing old of this game and the forums? I feel like that's the reason why so many other old forumers quit. Is it me or do other forumers feel the same.

Rockytop
08-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Wrong forums bro, here ya go.
http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?4-Growtopia-Tavern-(Off-Topic)

About this thread, I may have not started in 2013, but yeah the game gets a little old and boring sometimes. I would love an update to attract me back to the game.

craft3d
08-05-2016, 06:48 PM
Is any other 2013 forumer or 2013 Growtopia player growing old of this game and the forums? I feel like that's the reason why so many other old forumers quit. Is it me or do other forumers feel the same.

I think a heavily mobile oriented game can pull you only so far; I'm not sure I can say the same for the forums as I've been other forums where people have been around for 10 years on them, so I guess it's personal preference.

Megazork
08-05-2016, 09:45 PM
GT's appeal and style has basically worn its welcome from the past few years. It's a game where grinding/farming is a necessity to progressing in the game to get/do the fun stuff you want to do (like most games). But even then, the novelty of the updates wears off after messing around with it for like 3 hours.

In the end, you ended up farming more than you did toying with the new update. I'd rather mass destroy buildings and slay vicious monsters of evil for hours on end because at that kind of farming is at least more stimulating. Breaking rows and rows of blocks is not stimulating, no matter how much you want to believe it.

Seth and Hamumu are great devs though so if they collaborated more in the future, they could produce some crazy, original RPG. I wouldn't mind playing that considering GT kept me interested for almost 3 years.

|ThyLuigi|
08-06-2016, 12:39 AM
Like Megazork said, the stimulation and excitement of the game wore off when I realized I was doing the same boring stuff all the time.

MrSword48
08-06-2016, 02:39 AM
Honestly, there is barely any replay value in the game. You need to do the same things all over again to actually do something else in the game. The vanity and excitement of updates can keep you for awhile until it wears off quickly.

Hell, social interaction is what keeps mostly everyone in and it can disappear all of a sudden

JOSHIE63
08-06-2016, 07:34 AM
The game is honestly just not fun. No matter what was one puts it, farming for hours cannot earn anyone as much as they want to believe it does. The monotony eventually develops into a dissuasion from the game; unfortunately, I am bound by more than nostalgia.

Perhaps it would be more manageable if everything froze. Updates, no matter how innovative, are simply updates. There is no draw to it other than incipient curiousity. Perhaps in a game where there is more than one outcome, updates like this may stimulate interest, but in a sandbox game only so in name, updates only direct the focus on one goal. The basis for the game is obtaining wealth; it has always been so, making the game wry of any other interest.

Honestly, there is barely any replay value in the game. You need to do the same things all over again to actually do something else in the game. The vanity and excitement of updates can keep you for awhile until it wears off quickly.

Hell, social interaction is what keeps mostly everyone in and it can disappear all of a sudden

That is the only reason I remain there. I have such great friends that I cannot force myself to depart with, yet they deperted and I await their return -- the only draw.

lolgal96
08-12-2016, 01:35 AM
huh. i haven't logged on in forever and i'm super inactive here, but i'm still... alive... if that counts...

Areodax
08-12-2016, 09:25 AM
Hat Simulator Two is more interesting for me, also I have classes and stuff. Everyone is leaving GT, might as well depart soon as well. Also what the majority of the posters here said.

I may hate and love this place, but somehow I can never let it go.