PDA

View Full Version : RTSoft Restoration Effort

raqk
09-19-2016, 03:28 AM
It's been over 95 days since the forums have moved. Over 100 users have visited the forums today alone. Not just new users who are still confused about where to go, but many active users as well. Not to mention all the people such as myself who chose to keep their last activity hidden and are not included in that number.

Why do people stay? Most of the time were lucky if we hit 10 posts a day. Lots of the time the only posts are bumping a thread with the sole purpose of being bumped, digging up old posts, and the occasional tanked thread. Personally I've visited these forums everyday since the move, in hopes something would happen, and perhaps that we would have even the slightest amount of somewhat decent activity.

Anyways I figured I'd make this thread in an effort to do something, and in pure boredom of having almost nothing else to do. So why don't we discuss some possibilities and share some ideas of what could be done, and what should be done?

Threads. Threads are what make up a forum. Good threads are what make a forum good. We need good threads right now. Here are some possible thread topics that could help bring back some activity to the forums:
1. Weekly competitions of some sort. Games? Quizzes? Code?
2. More complex/involved/less spammy forum games.
3. Something I've been wanting to do for a while now, but a revised forum anime list? Instead of ratings, you'd just give it a +1/-1, and everything could be sorted into genres or something.

Welp I guess I'll work on this thread some more later. Thoughts, feedback, questions, suggestions, discussion all welcome and all encouraged.

Megazork
09-19-2016, 05:06 AM
All you need to do is strike up a good discussion and theme. No doubt about it!

peck
09-19-2016, 05:03 PM
All you need to do is strike up a good discussion and theme

This. Half the front page threads are about growtopia, or the forum split.

Ryuzakii
09-21-2016, 10:33 AM
Testing
Testing

Areodax
09-21-2016, 01:37 PM
Kiddies are more interested in making low-quality posts in the Growtopia Forums than in here.

Honestly, this place should just be some safety bunker for all the old friends to come back to.

Bob Will
09-22-2016, 05:52 AM
Man It really died in here. I hope I can catch a lot more discussions here

Romai Mori
09-22-2016, 10:36 AM
I was thinking we might do a petition that we sign to verify on how many people want the growtopia forum back here in RTsoft. Its getting isolated here. I feel like i'm talking to myself.

Megazork
09-23-2016, 03:19 AM
I was thinking we might do a petition that we sign to verify on how many people want the growtopia forum back here in RTsoft. Its getting isolated here. I feel like i'm talking to myself.

I'd rather not. If the GT forums came back here, I'd get perma-banned here as well.

And this rather quiet but peaceful environment is good for a change. Although it is rather too quiet, that's up to the people participating in the forums.

Bob Will
09-25-2016, 05:21 AM
I'd rather not. If the GT forums came back here, I'd get perma-banned here as well.

And this rather quiet but peaceful environment is good for a change. Although it is rather too quiet, that's up to the people participating in the forums.

You got permed? For what?

Bob Will
09-26-2016, 04:59 PM
My thread's purpose isnt only to be bumped. Its to remember bumping meaningless threads.

This went from restoration to just chillin

Areodax
09-26-2016, 09:15 PM
You got permed? For what?

Considering he hates the Growtopia forums so much, he decided hat the best course of action to get banned is to purposefully make an inappropriate thread.

Megazork
09-26-2016, 10:30 PM
Considering he hates the Growtopia forums so much, he decided hat the best course of action to get banned is to purposefully make an inappropriate thread.

I don't hate it (that much), I'm not supposed to be there. If you recall the "I quit the forums" thread, I would be dishonest to myself going back there and participating.

Anyways, I'd rather talk here than dwell on that.

I don't hate it (that much), I'm not supposed to be there. If you recall the "I quit the forums" thread, I would be dishonest to myself going back there and participating.

Anyways, I'd rather talk here than dwell on that.

That does not help you escape the sheep-minded spam and drama. It follows wherever you go as long as there's still a connection. The only true to way to leave it behind is to leave RTSoft forever, but let's be honest here, we're all still here just for watching people go nuts over nothing.

As for restoring this place, I'm ok with it as long as you can find a way to prevent idiots from joining (which you can't).

Megazork
09-28-2016, 06:08 AM
That does not help you escape the sheep-minded spam and drama. It follows wherever you go as long as there's still a connection. The only true to way to leave it behind is to leave RTSoft forever, but let's be honest here, we're all still here just for watching people go nuts over nothing.

As for restoring this place, I'm ok with it as long as you can find a way to prevent idiots from joining (which you can't).

That's true, sheep-minded spam and drama are everywhere. But, you don't need a connection for it to still exist around you. If I really wanted to truly escape it all, I would leave YouTube, Discord, Line, any MMO made, the internet in its entirety. Some people recognize me off of forums in other communities too. Would I have to leave those as well? No, that's irrational. Even if pointless drama came here, I doubt it'd be big at all. Even without Seth moderating the forums, it's easily tolerable.

And you're wrong. I'm only here for the few gems of people that I met through the Growtopia community that I refuse to let go. They're just that awesome.

_CM
09-28-2016, 10:55 AM
Look how peaceful it is here.

That's true, sheep-minded spam and drama are everywhere. But, you don't need a connection for it to still exist around you. If I really wanted to truly escape it all, I would leave YouTube, Discord, Line, any MMO made, the internet in its entirety. Some people recognize me off of forums in other communities too. Would I have to leave those as well? No, that's irrational. Even if pointless drama came here, I doubt it'd be big at all. Even without Seth moderating the forums, it's easily tolerable.

And you're wrong. I'm only here for the few gems of people that I met through the Growtopia community that I refuse to let go. They're just that awesome.

I suppose it was a good guess anyway.
And here you see me trying to console myself after being proven wrong. I pity myself.