PDA

View Full Version : I hate my Parents. (And my internet company too)

Romai Mori
09-22-2016, 10:07 AM
Hi all of you, Its me Romai Mori. I'm just depressed and wanted to release some anger that's not directly toward them.

It all started with the internet upgrade plan. We went to our internet company (if that's what you call it) and said that our internet was pretty old (like 2009-ish) and said that there was an upgrade available (10 MBps) since ours is 1 MBps. My parents agreed and we already did the papers and stuff.

Now, we wait.

I've waited for TWO WEEKS now. And my fingers are running out of nails. This is where it gets angry and tiring, I keep telling them to try and call our internet company once to see if they :

1. Forgot our upgrade
2. Forgot our landline number
OR EVEN 3. Doesn't care at all.

And they kept saying "Just wait for the upgrade." DOES IT TAKE 2 WEEKS FOR AN INTERNET COMPANY TO UPGRADE YOUR INTERNET SPEED?!?!

And that's not the worse part. THEY EVEN COMPLAIN ABOUT THE INTERNET SPEED AND NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT AT ALL!
It goes like this :

Parent : Why is the internet so slow? Are you downloading?
Me : I'm just watching Anime! It's not like i'm playing any games.
Parent goes silent a bit then says this :
Parent : You know, Anime is bad for you (I was watching Fairy Tail)
Me (in my Mind) : WTH? ARE YOU SAYING THAT YOU WATCHING FIFTY SHADES OF GREY IS NOT BAD FOR YOU?
Me (in real world) : Why don't you just call our internet company to speed up our upgrade then?
Parent goes silent.

With this type of patience I am literally keeping all the anger inside me. Swapping Tears for Anger.
I researched about my Internet company, They have a LOT of Bad reviews saying that their plan sucks, they just want to reel in money and don't care about users who were supporting them for more than 5 years. This made me more impatient and angry as my parents are just not doing anything even though i already showed them the bad reviews.

Life sucks without trying AT LEAST ONCE to call the internet company.

If the upgrade just came earlier, I would have been able to :

1. Watch Anime without too much buffer ( I get at least 5-8 buffers an episode)
2. Able to play League of Legends ( I spent 100$+ on that game and i can't give up on it)
3. Able to play other games that are reliant on internet speed.

It really sucks having a 1 MBps connection. All i can really do is watch anime and youtube. Nothing else.

I need your help everyone, To tell me what to do and what not to do, Because i'm going insane that my internet company hates us or just plain lazy. And my parents kept felling for it.

Side Note : My mother told me that our Internet plan just changed (It used to be 20$/month) now it changed to (30$/month) and IT STILL DIDN'T CHANGE THE INTERNET SPEED! WTH?

Thank you all for reading this, It really means a lot to me that some do care.:cry:

Also, I'm staying in my Grandma's house as her internet is 5 MBps (Which is perfect for watching anime) and makes me Twinkies (my favorite) :D
TBH i love my Grandma more than my parents.

Megazork
09-23-2016, 03:27 AM
If you're at the mercy of your parents and they're stubborn about it, what can we really do? If you're still in school, I'd just use that as a justification for a better network change. Parents that seem to be overprotective of you watching something as simple as Fairy Tail most likely won't say no to that.

peck
09-23-2016, 12:38 PM
You love your grandma more than your parents because she has better internet? To be fair, videos use more bandwidth than league. Since you no longer truly love your parents they may as well just stop trying and ground you from using the internet as you never had a right to it.

On the topic of internet providers
At&t and time warner are the only two that I trust to only do the small shady stuff like spiking my bill in random months.
The problem with using lesser known providers is they don't have a home quality department. (whom have saved me hundreds from my own provider)

Without even trying comcast, comcast is the unholy trinity of monthly caps, no quality department, and bad support.

But its not like your parents have much of a choice because internet providers monopolize the internet cables in residential areas. So it's either you get your internet landords fast internet (for a high price), or you get an outsider and witness slower speed for little price.