PDA

View Full Version : My Crayon keeps stopping and looks like he's shivering

Pleng
12-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Hi

I'm trying to recreate the Oh Sh1t! game in the latest build of Novashell. Unfortunately I am no longer able to keep Mr Crayon going in a straight line. Sooner or later he stops. Also while he's running along his animation seems to keep resetting to the first frame. He looks like a very juddery Crayon indeed!

Any ideas what I need to do to get this movement nice and smooth?

Seth
12-11-2010, 12:15 AM
Do the other examples work ok? This is with my compiled version of the Win binary?

Pleng
12-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Yes the other examples work fine. I think I have the latest Windows Build (0.81?) and I'm using it on windows 7.

The bizzare thing is that I this world is modified from the Treeworld demo. Even when I replace the modified ent_player.lua with the original one it still happens. Do you think it has anything to do with the following 'known issue'?

Known issues:

* There are some minor issues with the treeworld player getting stuck on blocks, I've been putting it off beause I want to experiment with some
new collision features soon, like true circle shapes

Pleng
12-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Don't worry too much about this. for this game I'm working around it by making the collision zones on the blocks themselves non important, and adding a big hidden blob with a collision zone that covers the whole floor.