PDA

View Full Version : Ok, What now?

Hawk
12-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi everyone! I sure do miss all ya'll immensely! Yes, I am sure we all want Funeral Quest to return in all its glory and then some.

How's that going? Is there any future for our beloved game to return from the grave? Will the black cat's bad luck be wiped out by good fortune of the return of great customers that like to spend money?

Let's get together here and try to persuade Grand Master, Seth, to return our game to us with a few new surprises? How about it Seth? Got any plans on resurrecting Funeral Quest? How many gold tags would it take to do that?

WHAT SAY YOU?

Everyone put their .02 worth of input here! Let it be known how you feel about the game and why it should make a come back!

Personally, it was/is the best game out there by far!

Hawk, "Sparkling Hawk", "Psycho Hawk" and all the rest! LOL]

BRING IT ON!

Karen Lee Copen
12-31-2010, 03:20 AM
I loved Funeral Quest, I STILL love Funeral Quest. I can't tell you how sad it makes me to see it go.

I never participated on the forums but I did play the game and I can't tell you how disappointed I am that it is gone.

So, here's my .02: Everyone wants to play Funeral Quest again, but it's just not (for lack of better word) profitable enough for the developer to keep it running. Therefore, I think Funeral Quest should be resurrected as a Facebook application! There is nothing like Funeral Quest on Facebook and I think a lot of people will play it. In fact, I think there are people who are willing to pay/donate/do surveys to play it.

Please bring back Funeral Quest!

*click click click!*

Seth
01-01-2011, 06:16 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the support.

Sadly getting this thing able to handle a large amount of players would be a total rewrite and if I had to rewrite it I'd probably go with a more popular theme as the web version never really "caught on" past a few hundreds players here and there. But I feel ya. :prophet:

Karen Lee Copen
01-01-2011, 09:23 AM
I don't think it caught on because of the lack of advertising.

On Facebook, however, there are a lot of games that have strange themes yet many people play them. Of course, resurrecting Funeral Quest in Facebook may require investment in advertising, at first, but I think it would be well worth it in returns if you guys hooked up with CPALead to offer surveys and shopping in return for bonus in game. You could make money with your AWESOME game. You wouldn't believe how many people are willing to make cash donations to advance in a game. And for those who don't want to pay cash, they will do survey and shopping offers ... which means you get money! Look at Zynga, they made 250 million dollars in 2009. Some people consider them having the best games, although I don't play them because I'm don't care about farms and fish tanks. I still think there is a slice of pie left for you too because your game is catchy and fun!

Plus, I just really wanna play FQ again. :D

Mister Brooks
01-12-2011, 02:13 AM
I'd like to play FQ on the mobile browser. Not flash-based, but it can work the same way.

Hawk
01-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Awww how sad....mostly for us! LOL

Seth, is there a way to at least put it on a disc and sell it? I most certainly would buy it, or do it like you did that dungeon word game? Just do up a certain amount of them and put them out there, first come first serve? I would stand in line for that!

Alrighty then...> insert funeral tap music <

May our beloved Funeral Quest rest in piece, until, one magical day, possibly in the far future at some dig site in Japan or maybe even the states, when someone comes along and says, "Hey, Where did this HISTORICALY HILARIOUS game come from?"

:prophet:

johndoe138
01-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Funeral Quest is/was an all-time favorite of mine.

Maybe, if Seth thinks it's really truly dead and he's sure he wouldn't ever try to rewrite it, or make a new version as a Facebook game.. just maybe he might release the source? (Or even just release the server as freeware.)

I'm sure there is at least someone out there who would be willing to host a server, or even work on a new version just for love of the game :)

fishex99
02-01-2011, 01:27 PM
hello!:sweatdrop:

Bexangel
02-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Just thought I'd say hi to you on here mate :p lol as I was just looking through the other threads as I just posted a new one of my own. You said it all basically, in your last few comments here & I hope that regulars will gather here, even now and again, to say hi to Seth & have a catch-up :) It could be like the Cafe & Mail rolled into one on here lol :p Anyway I'm all forum'd out for tonight haha I hope some regulars come on here to say hi now and again, cos, even those of us not connected via various IM's to each other (which is another thank you to Seth :)) we still miss you all (well, I do anyway lol) & it's cool to catch-up every once in a while, in my humble opinion. OK, that's me over and out, like always, it's all or nothing with me lol, so I dunno when I'll be back on the forum. Take care everyone XXX I hope to be able to start a new thread again one day... called "Let Battle Commence!!" heehee that will be a happy day indeed Seth :p

Bexangel
02-09-2011, 10:34 PM
LOL Please!! If and when FQ is resurrected, please dont be 'psycho' Hawk... well, feel free to be psycho dot com :p but it was a nightmare trying to spell it for a whole tourney haha... Just be You heehee dot com... now i'm just going off on a tangent and day dreaming about FQ and it's next resurrection... time for bed me thinks lol ttyl Hawk

ashleyrunt
03-16-2011, 05:14 PM
hi all espes Bex and Hawk.
Was just playing on my ipod touch and thinking wouldn`t it be great to have a FQ app :)
Seth i really think that there`s lots more mileage left in FQ and sure you could make it profitable .
Agree it would make an excellent FB game.
Anywhoo really missing breaking in to parlours and roughing someone up LOL.

Ashley

Bexangel
03-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Hi Ash :) long time, no attacks LOL ;) glad ur not the only one who misses FQ. Hawk says Hi, even though I've not told her yet lol, but she's prob got the link too :) Glad ur ok and playing on ur ipod LOL :)

Hawk
05-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Hi, Ashley and Bexie (again) lol.

I know we didn't have much of a chance to tangle, Ashley, but it was nice to meet you there on our beloved FQ game along with others. Perhaps we will once again be side by side in the graveyard digging holes for others to fall into? That would be fun. Racing, watching the clock to see who will be the first online to get to the top or play the first game, or attack the first in line. LOL.
Rev those engines up in those suped up hearses and look for the starting line, it got to come up sooner or later, right Sethie? It was one hellova simple game, as complex as you wanted to make it. Lotsa fun.
Bex, ok, if not "Psycho Hawk" how about "Nightmare Hawk" or "Killer Hawk" lol. :whistling:
C YA ROUND! :crazy:

Dorian1
06-06-2011, 04:29 AM
Long live Funeral Quest, that's all I have to say.

Hawk
06-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Long live Funeral Quest, that's all I have to say.

Hey there, Dorian!!! Long time no see! Hope you are doing well these days. Take care now, ya hear?

:crazy:

Dorian1
08-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Hey there, Dorian!!! Long time no see! Hope you are doing well these days. Take care now, ya hear?

:crazy:

I shall, and I hope all is well with you Hawk, If funeral quest ever starts up again I will definitely be there once again.

Hawk
08-30-2011, 03:34 PM
I shall, and I hope all is well with you Hawk, If funeral quest ever starts up again I will definitely be there once again.

That is good to hear, as shall I be there too, hopefully, it will return in all its glory, plus some, LOL. We all miss FQ. Would be nice to have a FQ reunion of some sort, LOL

Archea47
08-30-2011, 05:19 PM
We all miss FQ

Agreed! :excl:

It would be wonderful if Seth could let us run our own servers

Mister Brooks
09-04-2011, 12:56 AM
maybe not as fun, but I was just thinking: this could be a great Android app.

Seth
09-04-2011, 01:31 AM
Hmm, Android has flash, the original version might even run on the more powerful phones...

Wolfric Elkrose
09-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Hmm, Android has flash, the original version might even run on the more powerful phones...

I would recommend using Facebook Applications, if you ever need help setting it up, I can help you out.

Or even a collaboration between mysendoff.com and FQ ;)

Would be awesome,

Elkrose

Mister Brooks
09-12-2011, 02:03 AM

yes, but via multiplayer?

Hawk
09-12-2011, 03:29 PM
:( But, but I don't have a cell phone!

Archea47
09-12-2011, 10:38 PM
:( But, but I don't have a cell phone!

And some of us who do have cell phones don't have data plans :prophet:

Mister Brooks
09-13-2011, 11:36 PM
And some of us who do have cell phones don't have data plans :prophet:

even facebook apps don't really work with phones that DO have data plans (believe me, I have an android that came with the facebook app, and it is missing a few things from the web version)

Daytona
09-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Thank SETH!!!! I was waiting for this to come back...
Will you sell license again for this?.....

Seth
09-30-2011, 10:59 PM
No plans to sell licenses currently, keeping it an RTsoft only "attraction"

Bexangel
09-30-2011, 11:19 PM
I just wondered what time our beloved game starts :) it's 12.13am here, and I need to go sleep lol, as I have work in several hours :eek: Like Ashley, we both live in the UK, and I don't know the time difference, also, Ashley works nights (that just adds to my confusion... :confused: and I do daytime work) but we've both agreed to make time every day to take our turns lol, thanks again, in anticipation of our well loved game :) P.S. I'd appreciate any time zone differences, as, at times, the cafe can become a meeting place for the UN hahaha ;) and it's a FQ appreciation society in there :) Until tomorrow...

Seth
09-30-2011, 11:34 PM
It's started! :prophet: You can player here (http://sethrobinson.com:2544/), the new FQ page is up here (http://www.rtsoft.com/pages/funeral_quest.php).

Hawk
10-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Hey Bexie!! Check your Messenger! I was the first one on LOL but the 7th in line now....but, still in the top 10 right from the start! Thought I would miss it cuz my internet went down, been over a year since I had problems and NOW of all times for it to start up again, LOL.
Everything is a go, so far, now, knock on wood! Got to hurry up and devise a strategy!
I like the new beginning time too, a lot better than the last time around.
Thank you Seth, once again for doing this for us all and I am sure once the news gets out it will fill up fast! Still got a little over an hour for the first day, so get it in gear, guys and come on!

Archea47
10-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Thanks Seth :excl: It's awesome to just hear the music again:cool:

Unfortunately for me the login screen just reads Connecting to Server and never progresses from that point. I've tried it in IE and Firefox 7 with the same results (and latest flash players) and with my HIPS on and off. The links to the standings, server settings and rules work fine. Any ideas?

Mister Brooks
10-08-2011, 12:07 AM
aww shucks

Randy
10-28-2011, 11:13 AM
There could be multiple reasons for this 2 basic reason's that i think is. not good connection speed However the more likely reason Server has to much load on it that's why not responding in time.

Archea47
11-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Is the server up? I formatted and installed a new OS and still can't get past the connecting to server message. I do use a stateful firewall; are there any ports I should be forwarding?

Seth
11-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Yes - the server is up. It's at a non-standard port, 2544, which is a little weird. But because your browser makes the outgoing connection and its persistent you generally don't have to port forward or open anything up, it should just work.

I wanted to run it at 80, but my ISP where I host it seem to not like it...