PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!

Guyra
05-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Being a long time fan of Dink Smallwood, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it'd been touched up a little, and rereleased, including for the iPhone!

Just bought it, as my way of saying, "thank you"! :D

By the way, would anyone happen to have a pic of the original box release(1997) to show me? I saw it once over a decade ago, but would love to see it again. And I'm hoping to be able to add it to my games collection in the future. :)

Seth
05-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks. Ok, I went and took a few pics of a Dink box.. might be the last one I have, so yeah, very rare! Sorry, I only used my crappy iPhone camera, but here ya go.

Guyra
05-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the upload, Seth! It's pretty much impossible to find the box art on the web, so I really appreciate it. :D

Hopefully, a complete Dink Smallwood will turn up on eBay or something one day. All I've ever seen is disc only, which doesn't interest me half as much, I'm afraid. ^^; But I'll get my hands on it one day. ;)

Anyway, thanks a bunch, man! :D

PS: How many copies were printed, originally?

Seth
05-11-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm not sure how many (the now defunct) Iridon (who acquired the rights to distribute Dink in Scandinavia) printed - but I ran low on my jewel-case only version and asked them to send 1200 boxes to me instead of royalties and they did.

So, 1200 in the US, unsure elsewhere.

Guyra
05-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Then I guess there should be way more than 1200 available in total. But people seem to be hogging these games, because they just about never pop up on eBay - I would know, because I've had a saved search for Dink Smallwood running there for three years now, hehe! I think I've seen it twice, maybe three times. But it's been disc only each time. :/

Also, there's a jewel case version, too? Didn't know that! :D

Hmm, Iridion Interactive is based in my neighbouring country Sweden, and they're still up and running, but have changed their name to Legendo Entertainment. Sent them a mail just to see if they've got any copies left collecting dust somewhere. Doesn't hurt to try! ;)

juliafallows
07-20-2011, 10:54 PM
it's on iphone now? oh why did i get a stupid android!?

Archea47
09-05-2011, 05:46 AM
:excl: Thanks Seth and RTSoft! This game somehow (and still) transcends all its obvious limitations