PDA

View Full Version : Details on engine features.

SysOp
06-14-2011, 04:19 AM
Hi

First of all, want to praise Seth because this creation tool is incredible. Wonder why is not that popular.

I am looking for free game alternatives to develop our next game and I think NovaShell could help us greatly.

I'd like to know if the following features are supported:

* Image filters. Like, in Photoshop: Overlay, Multiply, Screen, Difference, etc.
* Shaders. For example, blurring, black and white, emboss, etc.
* Custom fonts, .ttf, bitmap fonts.
* Poligon/Pixel colision. The character is supposed to walk over sloped surfaces, like this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XF2SLEddWAc/TWRnkik3iCI/AAAAAAAAHLA/lUet9_W03ag/s1600/TFPA-W2-10.jpg

* Screen transitions. For example, you start a new game, and before play, screen fades out, then fades in and you play.

... and that's pretty much everything.

I'd be donating part of the income to engine creators, if we pick NovaShell as our development tool. Any word about this could be incredible helpful. Thanks in advance!

branleur
06-15-2011, 03:58 PM
I think you can add your own bitmap fonts, and there are two blending modes available.

Otherwise you'd have to add it yourself probably through writing a custom brain.

SysOp
06-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks branleur,

You know if these other features I mentioned are supported?

Thanks again :)

branleur
06-16-2011, 04:15 AM
I suppose you could sort of make your own fade transitions by making a big black square and applying the FadeIn and FadeOut brains respectively on the topmost layer, and for collision, Box2D is built-in. I don't think ttf fonts will load.

Seth might eventually show up to fill you in on a few gaps.