PDA

View Full Version : can't get novashell running on linux, please help...

laanan
09-18-2011, 02:09 AM
Arg...I admit that I am rather new to linux, but, I feel like I have done everything right. I get the error:

./novashell: error while loading shared libraries: libclanApp.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I saw in the faq what to do for this error (an export command to put clanlib stuff in the right place). I still, however, get the error...any other ideas (other than switching back to windows???

Seth
09-18-2011, 05:31 AM
Hmm. I assume you've built (and installed) Clanlib 1.X? I haven't touched the linux side for a while and forgotten what little I knew. :sweatdrop:

laanan
09-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I make installed it. But I did it within the novashell directory in my home folder (still getting the hang of linux, and couldn't figure out how to get the lib into /usr/lib with the file explorer. Anyway, I followed the faq, which gave some commands for exporting it to the right folder...or so I assumed. I suppose I could manually re-install clanlib to the correct location...alternatively, I'll just run novashell on win7 on the other side of my HDD