PDA

View Full Version : Weird multiple initialization issue

erikharrison
09-29-2011, 10:28 PM
So, on a lark, pulled up Novashell and started working through the tutorial again. I've noticed that the console log seems to indicate that entities are being initialized multiple times in a row. Also, I can't figure out how to copy and paste from the console.

Hi my name is Player and I like romantic walks on the beach
StandardBase of 319 (Player): Entity needs collision information to use StandardBase.
StandardBase of 319 (Player): Entity needs collision information to use StandardBase.

This happens as soon as I hit okay to reinitialize entities from the properties dialog. Mac OS X 10.6.8 running on a Macbook Pro.

Seth
09-30-2011, 10:37 AM
This might not be a problem - when re-initializing an entity, several copies are made - and init stuff happens even in the copy versions, so a logging statement can do that if it's in the init. (Inits are needed to figure out how big the graphic it, etc.) Copies are made for the undo buffer and such.

I'm not sure if copy and paste works in the console. I think Copy copies the entire console text (sort of a special situation).. paste may work.

erikharrison
09-30-2011, 07:35 PM
I was going to post an issue with the tutorial vis-a-vis collision data, suddenly had a memory, and realized I had asked all these questions before when I was playing with the Linux version in 2008. Woah. Sorry about that Seth!

By the by - did you ever ship a commercial game built on Novashell? I remember thinking that the eventually Dink followup was going to run on it, and shivering in anticipation.