PDA

View Full Version : Tomorow i will make the best game i can within 1 hour.

Brennanber
11-25-2013, 06:30 AM
Im challenging myself tomorrow (on Monday) My goal is to make one game within the hour.
-Im not a spriter so trust me the sprites will be horrible
-I will be using only the GML code (gamemaker)
-game will have no license but i will tag mine (and a friends) co name which is prysmetika.

Goals
-the game must have intro/story
-the game must have sound
-the game must show controls
-the game must have an outro/ending

The game will be an .exe file (sorry mac users)

(By the way, is there a way i could make the .exe downloadable without having norton security go "this file has not been downloaded often you cannot play it blah blah blah" i know media fire works but it has ads)

I finished this morning, it came out a disaster. I rushed a lot considering i only had an hour i had to completely abandon the outro due to a strange fatal error that occurred. The movement system is pretty basic i have the velocity set to subtract automaticly but holding the up arrow increases it. The music was from a music pack i have. And all the varibles are stable,

But, i did spend my time doing something with the variables to help protect against memory scanning. (Making it unhackable for unexperienced users)

Anyways, here is the link https://www.mediafire.com/?zzpa7nir576789o

Consolation25
11-28-2013, 06:31 AM
I prefer to read this kind of nice stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good. Thanks for the post.

Brennanber
11-28-2013, 06:54 AM
I prefer to read this kind of nice stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good. Thanks for the post.
For a first post i must say
1: Welcome to the forums!
2: that is probably the most mature put first post i have ever seen, most of the time first posts come out "OMG DIS GUY SCAM ME MODS BAN EM NOW" but i will say you did an excellent job yourself.

TIMTAM
11-28-2013, 06:57 AM
For a first post i must say
1: Welcome to the forums!
2: that is probably the most mature put first post i have ever seen, most of the time first posts come out "OMG DIS GUY SCAM ME MODS BAN EM NOW" but i will say you did an excellent job yourself.

Haha, that is so true lol, I admit my first post was extremely immature.

~TIMTAM :D