PDA

View Full Version : Android render-to-texture

AxeD
10-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Hi,
I need to render to texture some objects to make mirror. It's done in irrlicht and it works on iOS and PC, but on Android texture is white. I have found that there are no extensions in proton for Android and it looks like this is the reason, so question to Seth - how can I enable that feature?

Best
AxeD

Seth
10-31-2011, 06:29 AM
Is it working on iOS with Proton and its version of Irrlicht?

If so, it should really work on Android as well as they share the same GLES1 target implementation.. but also, it would depend on the graphic chipset of what you're targeting, it might fail on one device and work perfectly on another?

AxeD
10-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Hi,
I checked it on few HTC and whole bunch of Samsung devices (Tab, Ace, S, s2) and result is that same.

Small correction - extensions are initialized. Where shall I look now ?

Seth
11-02-2011, 08:46 AM
I checked it on few HTC and whole bunch of Samsung devices (Tab, Ace, S, s2) and result is that same.

Small correction - extensions are initialized. Where shall I look now ?

Hmm, sorry I haven't used any render to texture functions in my stuff. Best thing to do is start with a super simple demo of it - maybe a test added to RT3DApp?

Until I personally need it I probably won't have time to look into it, sorry... but please send any patches you make to fix it. :sweatdrop:

AxeD
11-30-2011, 10:12 PM
I could only find one solution.... texture cannot be created on irrlicht. Texture must be created by loading a proton texture file. However alpha channel won't work

-AxeD