PDA

View Full Version : Just A Little Appreciation

Sona
12-01-2011, 04:30 AM
Let's put it into context: the last time I played this game, I was wondering what high school would be like. Now I've graduated. And you know what? This game still has the same appeal now as it did then. I was absolutely elated when I searched "funeral quest" the other day, on a whim, and wasn't just directed to a forum. I know not to beat a dead horse, so I won't ask you, Seth, to bring the game to it's full glory. 100 fans raving isn't really enough incentive to invest 100+ hours or 100+ dollars in something you aren't fully behind, with no guranteed returns. I can understand. But I do appreciate you bringing the game back to some degree. Thanks, seriously. ^^

I've even gathered a few Facebook friends to have our own little private competition against each other. ('Cause really, at this point, who can compete against the Squirrel guy, anyway? Not to mention the others...) I miss having a few different servers, the excitment of breaking the "100 out of 700" ranking, the friendly (and not so friendly) announcements. It was an exciting, fun, and quick daily routine. I only hope you can keep it going for a good long while. I, as a fan, will try to spread the word, bring in some fresh blood, and keep enjoying FQ for as long as possible. Who knows? Maybe this game still has something to give. And even if not, just know you have some very dedicated fans. Including the squirrel.

Alex
12-02-2011, 08:54 PM
I for one wish that the game would restart every 30 days or so. I just saw that the game was back on and that if I get on it now I would have lost a lot, so could you make it with a finite number of days? And maybe put back the gun modes :whistling: that would be awesome.

DarkGem
12-03-2011, 05:12 AM
Periodic restarts = yes, yes, yes.

Guns, no. If they'd be the same as on the server I played a few years back, no. They make the HP/strength training obsolete.

Seth
12-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Hmm.. ok. Anybody have a problem with switching over to 30 day tournaments? I could convert the current game into one, and have it finish, say, Dec 31st.

neomio
12-04-2011, 03:22 PM
I didn't know that this WASN'T a 30 day game. So I messed up my strategy. 30 days is good, but no matter how long, it should be clear what the length of the game is. Maybe I didn't know where to look. In any case, Seth, I am really happy that you brought the game back!

Sona
12-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Huh? Seth, aren't you going to switch FQ over from "No reset mode" to a 30-day tourny? It still doesn't seem to have switched... unless I'm missing something. Are you just going to stop the game suddenly on the 31st, or are you undecided?

Alex
12-13-2011, 12:02 AM
hell no! Seth, please don't end the game again after 31 December. Make it restart, but not end for good, again. I want to get into it also in the new year, so do others. It will be 2012 anyway, so if the game is to end let it end along with the rest of the world, huh? :sweatdrop: But please make it restart after 31, thanks

Seth
12-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Ok, I've switched it over - so the current game is now in tournament mode and it will restart Jan 1st or 2nd. !

Sona
12-14-2011, 01:53 AM
Wonderful! Thanks, Seth.

And Alex, I didn't acutally mean terminating the game as a whole, just that he might suddely stop the game we're playing and, when we went to log in, we'd discover it had ended on the 31st. Which would have been a bummer. -.- But that's all moot now; he switch it over!

Now... to defeat Laneta before the fabled day...

Hawk
01-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Well, well, it is good to see "old" regulars again posting here, LOL
Alex, how have you been?
Seems we have "animals" in the top areas once more, LOL

GAME ON! GOOD LUCK!!

Hawk
01-04-2012, 07:31 PM
PS
Oh, and I do like the 60/61 day play time, more relaxed competition than the regular 30 day games. Gives us (little animals) the time needed to catch up and actually compete, LOL