PDA

View Full Version : Gamepad Problem!

Tempus
12-22-2011, 03:45 AM
Latest version of the game/Win 7 64bit\Xbox 360 game pad.

Pad works fine in all sorts of different older and newer games.

Does Nothing in game. I like the game a lot so far but it drives me crazy using the keyboard only (bothers my hand on the arrow keys real bad for some reason).

Is there something I'm missing to activate a pad? I can't find any boxes to check or un-check. I do see the button assignments page but I can't change anything of course since the pad will not respond.

From what I have read this should be supported, also gave it a try with an old PS2 controller w/adapter that works on other things but no go.

I hope someone can suggest something here, I would really like to keep playing.

Thanks in advance!

Tempus

Seth
12-22-2011, 03:54 AM
Sorry, I never got around to adding pad support in Dink Smallwood HD.

You're the first person to ask for it, it just seems like most people didn't use it? Anybody else out there want pad support?

Tempus
12-22-2011, 04:07 AM
Man I could have sworn I read that. Maybe an older version had it?

Too bad, I will keep trying to play in short bursts I guess. It just bugs that hand for some reason, typing doesn't seem to but hovering over the small arrows is just bothersome. Started using the keypad, it's a little better just have to get used to the space inbetween for down.

Strange no game pad users, I feel so lonely.......... Yeah maybe not.

Thanks for the reply!!

Tempus

blackeagle
01-17-2012, 05:49 PM
I just found the HD version today when browsing a computer forum thread about old games and someone linked Dink. Oh the flashbacks =) My brother and I played through it all and tried the Island addon, not sure if we ever managed to finish that one.

Anyway, I believe both of us and even my sister used to play it with our joypads all the time, since it made the controls so much easier, especially when facing tough bossy type enemies, so if it's not too much hassle, I would love to see it suopported =)

Cheers and thanks for a great old classic!

Talon65442
04-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Another vote for pad support.

I connected up my Saitek PS3/PS2/PC controller and added a profile just so I could use a pad on this AWESOME game.

Native support would be nice though as I have other controllers I prefer to use.

Thanks!