PDA

View Full Version : First release game

Brennanber
01-04-2014, 07:21 AM
Strategy sniper was my choice. You are able to slow time to shoot one bullet, all bullets can ricochet up to 10 times, (and you have a neon laser sight to guide it) but becauss the game would be too easy if it just went exactly along the sight and you have nothing to worry about, ricochet's will always make the bullet slightly fall of the path upon hitting something. So always try to find the best route.

In some assassinations there will be a high security, so while its night time (before the assasination) you will have to complete a puzzle of placing mirrors, bombs, and triggers to shoot or set off to have everything go right when its time to pull the trigger. You can shoot multiple times but one shot will set everyone off to panic. As long as you got the target its good.

Sprites will be done my partner and hopefully if i put enough work into it i could ask alllevelsatonce to make one soundtrack :/ (he does tutorials but honestly i have no idea what a phase is, http://youtu.be/9zNakCFwE1s)

And ill also add a linear story line. Yippie
And i already have the random mission generator for an arcade mode (go as many as you can without messing up)

The game is now about 40% complete, i was taking a break for starbound modding.

Current features,
-4 tutorial missions,
-reflecting laser sight
-ricochet bullets
-bullet upgrades
-mission reward and cost system
-wonderful upgrades
-ability to slow time (the bullet and npc's)
-panic
-bullet sound (when heard by npc's this will cause panic which may cause you to fail.
-majority of the game is terrible graphics

Demo will be ready soon,
Though they wont be featuring the graphics, mostly just the gameplay.

In the screenshots it was difficult taking a picture of all the features because its one still image. I dont have a gif maker to make an animation on how the enemies move and panic. The upgrade screen is level 1 but if you progress into the levels you will be able to upgrade your gun. The picture of the code is for reflecting the laser sight (not showing the full code)
(How would i take a screenshot of slowing time? I think id have to use gif to demonstrate)

Florentina
01-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Good luck with your project Brennanber.

Sierrafox28
01-18-2014, 03:26 AM
Good luck I hope you get what you need

anglenasalt
01-28-2014, 11:37 AM
Which puzzle of placing mirrors, bombs, and triggers to shoot or set off to have everything go right when its time to pull the trigger. You can shoot multiple times but one shot will set everyone off to panic.

Good Luck,,,,

Brennanber
01-29-2014, 02:36 AM
Which puzzle of placing mirrors, bombs, and triggers to shoot or set off to have everything go right when its time to pull the trigger. You can shoot multiple times but one shot will set everyone off to panic.

Good Luck,,,,

Wait, was that a question?

julincaiyi
02-11-2014, 02:41 AM
This is an important question.

Brennanber
02-11-2014, 05:39 AM
This is an important question.

Ok ill be sure to answer it when you stop making random accounts posting the weirdest things.

Brennanber
02-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Does anybody want to test it so far? Ill mainly need to tell me if you encounter any lag.

Anulot
02-16-2014, 01:06 AM
Got my law stuff down, now its time to start releasing my games to public. Ive been talking big when it came to gamemaker and i will very well prove my worth :D

Strategy sniper was my choice. You are able to slow time to shoot one bullet, all bullets can ricochet up to 10 times, (and you have a neon laser sight to guide it) but becauss the game would be too easy if it just went exactly along the sight and you have nothing to worry about, ricochet's will always make the bullet slightly fall of the path upon hitting something. So always try to find the best route.

In some assassinations there will be a high security, so while its night time (before the assasination) you will have to complete a puzzle of placing mirrors, bombs, and triggers to shoot or set off to have everything go right when its time to pull the trigger. You can shoot multiple times but one shot will set everyone off to panic. As long as you got the target its good.

Sprites will be done my partner and hopefully if i put enough work into it i could ask alllevelsatonce to make one soundtrack :/ (he does tutorials but honestly i have no idea what a phase is, http://youtu.be/9zNakCFwE1s)

And ill also add a linear story line. Yippie
And i already have the random mission generator for an arcade mode (go as many as you can without messing up)

The game is now about 40% complete, i was taking a break for starbound modding.

Looks pretty fun! I'll be getting it when it comes out.

GBAGamer
02-16-2014, 01:16 AM
I call dibs on testing!
"nailed it.."

Brennanber
02-17-2014, 04:56 AM
I call dibs on testing!
"nailed it.."

I have a mid demo actually. Ill pm you about it when i polish it. Im a terrible artist so the upgrade screen should be just boxes until I higher a good retro artist. Ill send you a debugger along with it so you can see any interfering code if you find any. I am only having a bug with the reflecting laser sight. (Angle it through a corner at point blank it pierces the wall.)

ibold
02-17-2014, 04:58 AM
Looks like a fun game!

Brennanber
03-03-2014, 04:22 AM
Haven't done anything new yet, I've been playing with new stuff.
Suggestions anyone? (Pm me if you have an idea for some easter eggs, those are fun to add)