PDA

View Full Version : There is something worng with textedit?

osgoz
06-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi.

I am not sure why, but the text edit entity is not accepting spaces in full ascii mode.
If you press spacebar n times, you only get a dot '.' but if you press backspace, you need to press it that n times to erase text.
For example:
If you press 'a', then press 'f' and then spacebar twice, you got a "af."

Is there anything wrong with text edit or is my fault?

Thank you.

Seth
06-20-2012, 12:41 AM
What device? There are some problems on some Android text input systems.. need more details

osgoz
06-20-2012, 07:50 AM
Hi.

Sorry but I forgot to note that was in Win32, OSX and iOS where I have tested my application.

Thank you.

Seth
06-20-2012, 11:07 PM
I just did a quick test with RTSimpleApp on Win and it let me enter spaces, backspace and "." correctly.

But I did have to uncomment the following lines in EnterNameMenu.cpp:

//Uncomment these:
//if you wanted to allow spaces and other symbols, change to "loose" filtering like this:
pButtonEntity->GetComponentByName("InputTextRender")->GetVar("filtering")->Set(uint32(InputTextRenderComponent::FILTERING_LOO SE));

//you also need to do this for loose filtering to make sure the best keyboard is chosen on the device
pButtonEntity->GetComponentByName("InputTextRender")->GetVar("inputType")->Set(uint32(InputTextRenderComponent::INPUT_TYPE_AS CII_FULL));

Maybe adding the FILTERING_LOOSE thing above will fix it. (Without that, it will not allow spaces or punctuation)

Also, please note that unicode (chinese characters/kanji) is not supported.

osgoz
06-21-2012, 07:09 AM
Hi.

Thank you Seth.

Yes, I have the InputTextRenderComponent::INPUT_TYPE_ASCII_FULL flag, but missed the filtering flag.

Now it is working rigth.

Thank you again.