PDA

View Full Version : Irrlicht GUI support..?

tehJP
08-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Hi,

I've just started using Proton and would like to say a huge thanks for making a framework that has been so easy to port my Irrlicht project into, thus far ;)

I was using the Irrlicht GUI system for some temporary buttons etc in my game but it seems like the GUI system has been disabled in Proton?

Was this for a specific reason? I see there's a Proton GUI system of some sort (not looked into it much yet) so maybe that's just the reason why? Would re-enabling the Irrlicht system be possible if I felt like taking that route?

Seth
08-03-2012, 09:22 AM
You can compile with Irrlicht's internal GUI if you want, but the examples don't.

To do it, add their .cpp files to your project, and define _IRR_COMPILE_WITH_GUI_ - mouse input/etc is not really wired up though, you'd probably have to hack it a bit and send Proton mouse/touch events.

Sorry I haven't played with that yet, as I mostly use the Proton GUI stuff (it's very touch-centric, for instance, it can track all the different fingers at once, rather than expecting a single mouse) - but I do use the Irrlicht GUI to render fonts in my tank game, using the flag above and it does work.

So, so summarize, that's how to compile it and have it render everything, but actual mouse/click/keyboard events are not handled yet, so the buttons won't really work.

tehJP
08-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Cheers Seth, some things to think about there :)