PDA

View Full Version : Patch: Vertical scrollbar support for CL_TextEdit

Nightwind0
08-13-2012, 04:14 PM
I added the vertical scrollbar to CL_TextEdit. I posted the full .cpp and .h in the "Help" forum, but I wanted to post the diff here.
The scrollbar only appears when needed. I diffed it against ClanLib-2.4 in SVN. Again, if you want the full files instead of diffs, I posted them in "Help"

rombust
08-14-2012, 06:56 AM
The patch visually looks perfect.

I won't apply it yet, until I get some feedback from others that use the GUI.

Should the vertical scrollbar be configurable (i.e. is required or not) or automatically shown when required? I have no opinion, since I don't use the control :)

sphair
08-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Yes, should probably be configurable. The question is what should be default? And should they only appear when needed ? Maybe options could be None, Always, AsNeeded for both Horizontal and Vertical bars?

Nightwind0
08-14-2012, 04:10 PM
The patch visually looks perfect.

I won't apply it yet, until I get some feedback from others that use the GUI.

Should the vertical scrollbar be configurable (i.e. is required or not) or automatically shown when required? I have no opinion, since I don't use the control :)

Well, multiple users have asked for it over on Help, and without it, if you keep typing in a text edit, your text goes down below where you can see it, which is bad.

I'm fine with having it optional, though.

rombust
08-15-2012, 07:40 AM
... if you keep typing in a text edit, your text goes down below where you can see it, which is bad.....

For this reason, I suggest that we apply the patch as it is to ClanLib 2.4 SVN. The patch fixes the text edit usability.

Additional patches can be created if a specific user requires configurability.

Judas
08-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Applied this patch. Thanks a lot. :)