PDA

View Full Version : Full sail gaming university..should I take it?

GBAGamer
02-20-2014, 01:03 AM
Should I take full sail university? It's a online university that teaches you how to design and code video games.iv gotten all my information online but I'm I still need more. Should I take the University?

Anulot
02-20-2014, 01:45 AM
Should I take full sail university? It's a online university that teaches you how to design and code video games.iv gotten all my information online but I'm I still need more. Should I take the University?

Up to you. You do what you want to do.

GBAGamer
02-20-2014, 01:47 AM
Up to you. You do what you want to do.

If I take the university I won't have time to update my game :nuke: (Magicalfishy is using pixel genesis..thinking of a name?

Iguana
02-20-2014, 01:48 AM
If I take the university I won't have time to update my game :nuke: (Magicalfishy is using pixel genesis..thinking of a name?

Lmao I heard that others are doing all the work so they decided to make it themselves instead of keeping you in charge.

GBAGamer
02-20-2014, 01:54 AM
Lmao I heard that others are doing all the work so they decided to make it themselves instead of keeping you in charge.

What do you mean? .___.

IAmABrodie
02-20-2014, 02:09 AM
Honestly, the only true way to learn and master a skill is with it being passed down from another human being. Yes, you can search online and find many great resources, but ultimately, your best bet would to go to a legitimate college and learn from a true master. There's something about hearing an actual person speak that just makes text seem so... Lacking. If you truly want to learn and master programming, learn it from another person and not from the internet, even if this "online university" is legit.

GBAGamer
02-20-2014, 02:14 AM
Honestly, the only true way to learn and master a skill is with it being passed down from another human being. Yes, you can search online and find many great resources, but ultimately, your best bet would to go to a legitimate college and learn from a true master. There's something about hearing an actual person speak that just makes text seem so... Lacking. If you truly want to learn and master programming, learn it from another person and not from the internet, even if this "online university" is legit.

Fun fact:Notch created a game when he was 7

I tried but this one seems legit ._. But I'll take your word for it

Brennanber
02-20-2014, 03:21 AM

Honestly, only if you are determined. And if you can afford it. If you looked at the prices you will notice its nearly 1000$ a class. Mostly for rich people, or people who served in the military.
But I can guarantee you an online college alone wont be the best way to become great at coding. At UT in texas they are main in programming. Many state colleges will have game development courses (and maybe awesome professors) and cost little compared to full sail

Just start. Your age doesn't mean jack ****, don't make excuses. Start with javascript because it can make games up to a point and its the bare version of good programming.

Start now. Read the tutorial and learn, if you need help pm me.
http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/javascript

zxsonic
02-27-2014, 12:05 AM
I was thinking of going to Art Institues but full sail was my second opition.

GBAGamer
02-27-2014, 12:17 AM
Honestly, only if you are determined. And if you can afford it. If you looked at the prices you will notice its nearly 1000$ a class. Mostly for rich people, or people who served in the military.
But I can guarantee you an online college alone wont be the best way to become great at coding. At UT in texas they are main in programming. Many state colleges will have game development courses (and maybe awesome professors) and cost little compared to full sail

Just start. Your age doesn't mean jack ****, don't make excuses. Start with javascript because it can make games up to a point and its the bare version of good programming.

Start now. Read the tutorial and learn, if you need help pm me.
http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/javascript

Thanks! :D

Brennanber
02-28-2014, 03:58 AM
Thanks! :D

Though the javascript can get difficult later on in the tutorial, just keep doing trial and error until you get it right and you learn from the mistake. (When i started i made mistakes in functions mostly)