PDA

View Full Version : My application crashed ? with last rev 1114

osgoz
10-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi all.

I am very sad.
I have lost six month of work.
Yesterday I updated to rev. 1114 from svn and my project does not work anymore since then.
My project is for iOS and uses Irrlicht and since yesterday It shows a black screen in the Irrlicht views.
Proton views works fine.
On Windows it works fine.

Can anyone help me, please?

:(

tprodigy1
10-24-2012, 12:13 PM
hi,

why don't you revert to the revision that worked?

Seth
10-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Hmm, yeah, you might want to revert for now, I'll test the Irrlicht example soon and hopefully get it fixed, some recent changes have been pretty major.

Seth
10-25-2012, 03:47 AM
Update: I've done some fixes, it may work for you now. I've verified the RT3DApp example works now.

osgoz
10-25-2012, 07:08 AM
Hi.

Thank you very much.

Yes I have managed to get it working again.
I noted the 0,0 viewport issue and fixed it.
I noted too that from now, all the irrlicht cameras need an aspect ratio.
I will update and test it.

Thanks.
Best regards.

osgoz
10-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi again.

All is working now.
Thank you.

Only one question:

I use this code to get the irrlicht 3d coordinate from screen point

core::line3df ray = sceneManager->getSceneCollisionManager()->getRayFromScreenCoordinates(point);

core::plane3df plane(core::vector3df(),core::vector3df(0,1,0));

core::vector3df inter;
plane.getIntersectionWithLine(ray.start,ray.getVec tor(),inter);

where point is the screen coordinates and inter is the resulting 3d point coordinates of irrlicht world.

Could you help me to understand why this code return good coordinates in Windows and OSX, and wrong coordinates in iOS?

Best regards.

Seth
10-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Hmm, I don't think I use that in any of my stuff. Depends how it's doing the conversion, it may be a X/Y reversed type thing due to the primary surfaces being different.

One idea: Try removing SetManualRotationMode(true); from your App.cpp, it may have an effect.

You may want to look at GetOGLPos in RenderUtils.cpp to see how Proton does it with non-Irrlicht stuff. (It saves Projection matrix during the render setup)

Or, if you use it during the render, void ScreenToWorld(CL_Vec2f pt, CL_Vec3f *pReturnA, float dist) may work for you, it pulls the projection matrix out from GL on the fly.

osgoz
10-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Thank you for your fast replays.

I have test all functions that you noted, but with no luck.
I keep trying :)

Regards