PDA

View Full Version : Events won't stay cleared...

Tal
10-18-2002, 02:54 AM
OK, when I choose to clear the activity log via the "Clear" button under the "Event Manager" fish, the log does not stay clear when I boot the program back up. All that wonderful jazz from yesterday and the day before is still there. :P

Is this intentional?

(Btw, using 98/ME, as previously mentioned.)

Tal
10-18-2002, 02:58 AM
Noticed something else...many other programs don't log this sort of stuff either, but the keylogger only logs "non-shifted" characters even if you used Shift on their respective keys. (Can't think of a better way to describe it, heh.)

As I said, though, I've seen that in practically every keylogger..

10-18-2002, 03:08 AM
Logging started on Thursday, October 17 2002 at 8:18 PM.
this is a test1

Yeah, I think it's important.

Note: The 1 is a ! and no I didn't type This is a TEST1, it was This is a TEST! or whatever I typed. :-)

- cneal

Seth
10-18-2002, 08:46 AM
Argh ok, it' s a 98/ME issue, thought I had that worked out. Will fix, thanks.

The Clear only clears the view pane, this is intentional. Bad? Good? Should delete the toolfish_log.txt file too? (that's where the log is kept and trimmed to save info)

Akolade
10-18-2002, 04:14 PM
Maybe put a (Show All) next to the (Clear)??

Or maybe if you clicked Clear twice in a row, it could ask if you want to delete the log file..

Or maybe just put an option to erase the log file under Options.

That might be good.

BTW I like the check mail function, works great!

Also, I have Toolfish checking CNN.COM, but it never seems to see any change. I've tried both "http://cnn.com" and "http://www.cnn.com/".

Any idea why this is? Is there some html page I should be putting in there maybe?

Akolade
10-18-2002, 04:25 PM
Here's another idea: if you could have the program preview your event text being read by the speech API.

Some sites I check need to be spelt differently so that when they are read they are pronounced correctly.

So, on the Say/Show/Email/Macro Message screen, you could have a "Preview Say" button or something.

That would be super snazzy.