PDA

View Full Version : Beta testers wanted!

Seth
10-09-2002, 01:08 PM
If you're interested in beta testing my new app, please drop me an email!

Here is the description:

Wasting time checking your favorite websites only to find nothing new?

Not anymore! Let Toolfish check your sites at specified intervals for you using easy simple criteria like 'percent changed', date, or keywords found or missing and 'tell' you they've been updated!

Toolfish also supports easy to use hotkeys, macros (including paste IP address), scheduling reminders or programs to be run, keyboard logging (with stealth mode) and muting on inactivity.

Use the Add URL Wizard to add sites quick and easy or get down and dirty with the event builder and create custom events with unlimited triggers and actions.

Professional multithreaded version with full unicode support. Windows 2000/XP ONLY.

Don't work harder, work smarter.

--------------
This forum can be used to post bugs and suggestions, it's a semi-open beta so I won't hide it.

mrbrown
10-09-2002, 09:04 PM
OOOOO! Yeah I wanna participate...
Please use my fully working email address (yeah, we finally converted over to a real spam filtering system [SpamAssassin]rather than Dr. Cheap's Really Bad Spam Filter, so your email won't disappear) - mrbrown@mrbrown.net.

Seth
10-09-2002, 10:52 PM
Ok, I've got you down mrbrown.

I've also compiled the beta list from everyone that has emailed (a big thanks) and will be sending an email with info pretty soon, hopefully in the next 12 hours.

Right now I'm getting the documentation and website together, that's the only thing holding me up.

Tal
10-10-2002, 04:50 AM
Will the final release be compatible with non-XP/2000 systems?

Seth
10-10-2002, 08:45 AM
Originally no. But now that you mention it I should probably get off my ass and make a version that will run on '98, even if it's with a few less features. (we'll see about that..)

I've spent the last hour working on a 98 build, just gotta install '98 somewhere to test it...

If any 98/ME beta testers would like to try it, please drop me a line and when a version is ready for you to try I'll send it over. (please state you have 98 or ME so I can wait until I have a smart "dual auto install" thingie ready before I send it to you)

10-15-2002, 06:58 AM
Just wanted to say that I got it working nicely and it was very easy to install too. I'm running win98.

- cneal