PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Scroll

07-02-2003, 07:06 PM
Hello. When you die, you should see all the words possible with the available letters. This would actually help me learn new words instead of constantly typing the same 3-5 letter words over and over again.

ZirePhoenix
07-02-2003, 07:07 PM
Wow... one of the few forums that allow unregistered users from posting... must be a nice place ^_^

Seth
07-03-2003, 06:09 AM
I've added this to the "todo on the next update" list, thanks.

Technically it's no problem, it's just a matter of finding a pleasing way of displaying the info, for sitations that have a lot of possible words especially.

09-23-2004, 05:11 AM
Hi. It would also be nice if you could see your longest word(s) after you die. Are more monsters going to be added? And is it possible to make your own? Thanks.

DungeonDweller
09-24-2004, 07:26 PM
Hello,

I know about the "1" key, which retypes the last successful word. However, I find this a little awkward for two reasons:

1) It's close to the "2" key (duh!) which is mapped to another function -- easy to hit the wrong key by mistake.

2) I would prefer this function to retype the last attempted word whether it succeeded or not, to allow for the quick correction of spelling mistakes.

Another game I have played used the Enter key for this purpose: if no letters were selected, the Enter key would recall the last attempted word. This is very convenient and accelerates play -- and we all know that speed is of the essence when dealling with those nasty dragons  http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif

Of course, if you wanted to go crazy you could allow for the remapping of ALL function keys, but that might be overkill...

Seth
09-25-2004, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the ideas, I'll see about adding these to the next update.