PDA

View Full Version : State of the Dink Network

darklord413
12-09-2012, 03:08 AM
Hey guys. If any of you frequent the Dink Network (which, from a few of these posts, is an extremely small number of you), you'll know that it's been having some trouble. With redink1 and Tal (the Kings/webmasters) gone and not responding to any attempts to communicate with them, the forum is falling apart. The same spammer that's been wrecking the boards has been here for years, and there's nothing we can do about it. It's gotten out of hand to the point of community members creating Greasemonkey scripts to block his posts, but due to the layout of the Dink Network there are still ways for him to ruin it. I've loved Dink and the Dinknetwork for many years, and it makes me sad when it falls apart like this and the only people with the power to stop it have moved on. This is mostly directed at Seth. Even though you're only a peasant on the forums, is there any way you could give the current staff members webmaster privileges, or something? We could really use the help.
Thanks,
Darklord413, Pillbug on the Dink Network

Robj
12-11-2012, 02:38 PM
I second this, and something needs to be done.

I don't think Seth can do much though, pillbug, as he is only a peasant and doesn't actually run that site as far as I know.
The problem is redink1 has abandoned it completely.

darklord413
12-11-2012, 09:37 PM
I second this, and something needs to be done.

I don't think Seth can do much though, pillbug, as he is only a peasant and doesn't actually run that site as far as I know.
The problem is redink1 has abandoned it completely.

Yeah, but I was hoping that since he owns Dink he would able to help out somehow, even if it's just contacting someone else (I'm assuming Seth has more pull than us).

Seth
12-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Hmm, that's a bummer. I could try shooting redink an email and seeing what's up though.

darklord413
12-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Hmm, that's a bummer. I could try shooting redink an email and seeing what's up though.

Would be much appreciated. :)