PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 10 target



Zaxuhe
12-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Well just a few comments about the blackberry 10 target, I have a blackberry 10 dev alpha, so here is what I had to do in order to make it compile and run properly on the device itself, I did a proton fresh checkout and imported the project using the instructions pointed at: http://www.rtsoft.com/wiki/doku.php?id=proton:bbx_setup while it gave me an error while importing (on gold sdk) upon closing it I was able to open the project, at that point I found an issue, there are several files with reference error, for example D:\projects\proton\RTBareBones\source\App.cpp - (does not exist), this file is pointing to D:/... instead of the relative path, whwn changing it to PROJECT_LOC\..\..\RTBareBones\source\App.cpp the issue was fixed, these are the files with the conflict (this also happens at the playbook project):

App.cpp
App.h
BaseApp.cpp
BaseApp.h
PlatformPrecomp.h
PlatformSetup.h
PaltformSeup.cpp
RenderBatcher.cpp
RenderBatcher.h
SoftSurface.cpp
SoftSurface.h
BBXUtils.cpp
BBXUtils.h
PlataformSetupBBX.h

While changing the paths of all to be relative to the project, I was able to compile it:
it was a success, and when I deployed it into the blackberry 10 dev alpha it worked perfectly, until I closed the app, it found no error, but when it isn't open from the IDE it crashes and it crashes in a huge way, you cannot close it or anything, so I started to debug the issue, when deploying from the ide it was working perfectly, when playing it from the device itself (clicking on the icon) it crashed, well it turned out that when you click on the icon it calls NAVIGATOR_WINDOW_THUMBNAIL, and since there is actual no render being made yet it crashes (because it tries to create the THUMBNAIL), I solved it by changing at BBXMain.cpp:



case NAVIGATOR_WINDOW_THUMBNAIL:

LogMsg("App thumbnailed");
GetBaseApp()->OnEnterBackground();

break; to


case NAVIGATOR_WINDOW_THUMBNAIL:

LogMsg("App thumbnailed");
GetBaseApp()->OnEnterBackground();
bbutil_swap();

break;

and now its working perfectly :), if anyone has any issues on bb I can help them, but thats what has to be changed so it works on bb10 properly