PDA

View Full Version : What is the extent of unity game design.

Protoss
06-29-2014, 06:51 PM
I understand that impunity is 1,500 dollars. But what is the extent for it. Does it have amazing mechanics and your able to make any type of game. Even pixelated? Please respond.

The 978
06-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Well this game is more awesome than your opinions we all know that.

Protoss
06-29-2014, 07:14 PM

Your not funny. This is a serious question and I didn't ask for kids who post for a high post count.

Anulot
06-30-2014, 05:32 AM
I personally have no experiance with unity, but I have heard from a lot of people it is great with 3d graphics and such. I think there is a free trial with limited assets you can try before buying, but not sure. I wouldn't cough up 1.5k until I was sure it was worth it.

Brennanber
07-01-2014, 02:22 AM
If you just want to make games, get the free. If you want to make money, you have to get it full to get rid of the watermark and obtain more features.

You should be able to do a mediocre game with the free version.

Protoss
07-01-2014, 02:30 AM
If you just want to make games, get the free. If you want to make money, you have to get it full to get rid of the watermark and obtain more features.

You should be able to do a mediocre game with the free version.

Do you know anything about Proton SDK?

TheFanoftech
07-03-2014, 12:44 AM
If your going all out, try Unreal Engine 4.

Brennanber
07-06-2014, 01:26 AM
Do you know anything about Proton SDK?

http://www.rtsoft.com/wiki/doku.php?id=proton_info
What it is and isnt is right here :) I dont recommend Proton SDK as a starting program.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive only posted twice with anything to do with you and they were both examples of you being a hypocrite. The extent of your "useful opinions" is something like putting a fork in a toaster

GBAGamer
07-06-2014, 01:28 AM
Im in a game development course at the moment, a 4 year honors degree course,

The programming can be hard to learn, mainly java, but if you stick to it you can learn it.

You could make 2d games yourself via gamesalad, or other 2d game making programs and it is free and you can indeed publish your game once it is made.

The best free engine you could use for 3d games would be unity or UDK, it will take a long time to make one though and a good computer to run the engines. I made a game on UDK last year (2010) and also on unity this year (2011) and i found UDK more user friendly, while unity by far had the better resources.

I hope this helps,

if you have any more questions dont hesitate to contact me

I would like to ask you some more questions :0

Can we meet Ingame? Or can I just on your questions here.

CraftMuch
07-06-2014, 02:31 PM
If your going all out, try Unreal Engine 4.

In a way I agree with your approach, however UDK has tons of royalties surrounding. I understand thats just commercially, but it's still a pain in the ass.
Unity however, the free version, which is fine for most game types. Mostly it just lacks some of the shadowing and rendering techniques unity pro does, which is why you see so many badly rendered games played by youtubers.

- - - Updated - - -

I made a game on UDK last year (2010) and also on unity this year (2011) and i found UDK more user friendly, while unity by far had the better resources.

You do know it's 2014?