PDA

View Full Version : Proton irrlicht support for alpha transparent PNG ?

darkchazz
07-12-2014, 07:51 PM
As the title says, I'm trying to load this shadow blob:
And apply it to a plane using this code:

scene::IAnimatedMesh* shadowMesh = GetIrrlichtManager()->GetScene()->addHillPlaneMesh("shadow", tileSize, tileCount);

shadowNode = GetIrrlichtManager()->GetScene()->addMeshSceneNode(shadowMesh);
shadowNode->setMaterialTexture(0, GetIrrlichtManager()->GetTexture("game/shadow.png"));
shadowNode->setMaterialType(video::EMT_TRANSPARENT_ALPHA_CHANN EL);
shadowNode->setMaterialFlag(irr::video::EMF_LIGHTING, false);

But for some reason all I get is a textureless white plane. on the other hand it loads perfectly on original irrlicht (not proton version) on PC.

I'm using many png assets with similar transparency for proton UI entities and they load fine, but irrlicht seems to have a problem

converting it to rttex won't solve the problem either.

YOmadBRO
07-18-2014, 11:52 AM
As the title says, I'm trying to load this shadow blob:
And apply it to a plane using this code:

scene::IAnimatedMesh* shadowMesh = GetIrrlichtManager()->GetScene()->addHillPlaneMesh("shadow", tileSize, tileCount);

shadowNode = GetIrrlichtManager()->GetScene()->addMeshSceneNode(shadowMesh);
shadowNode->setMaterialTexture(0, GetIrrlichtManager()->GetTexture("game/shadow.png"));
shadowNode->setMaterialType(video::EMT_TRANSPARENT_ALPHA_CHANN EL);
shadowNode->setMaterialFlag(irr::video::EMF_LIGHTING, false);

But for some reason all I get is a textureless white plane. on the other hand it loads perfectly on original irrlicht (not proton version) on PC.

I'm using many png assets with similar transparency for proton UI entities and they load fine, but irrlicht seems to have a problem

converting it to rttex won't solve the problem either.

Hmmmmm :scratch:

darkchazz
07-23-2014, 02:51 PM
I wonder if Seth is checking this forum anymore :confused:

Seth
07-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure about that one. I don't use Irrlicht currently. I suspect a render mode flag isn't set or something on the Irrlicht texture.

DNAngel
07-23-2014, 10:49 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure about that one. I don't use Irrlicht currently. I suspect a render mode flag isn't set or something on the Irrlicht texture.

Seth, check my bug report for you. You really need to fix this!
http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?92521-TRADE-SYSTEM-BUG!

feelthat
08-04-2014, 11:28 PM
http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?96492-Stencilbuffer-Shadow-done-on-OpenGL-OGLES1-OGLES2

see the picture, yes support