PDA

View Full Version : Use of NovaShell in a Stats Competition

Reaperkid77
03-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Hello Mr. Robinson,

I am currently enrolled at the University of Waterloo, and I am entering a contest to provide a better way of teaching some topics covered in our statistics classes. Here is a link to the competition website (http://watstat.ca/contest.html). I have been in the process of creating a simple game that will provide an interactive example of the material I will attempt to teach through a YouTube video (the game I am creating would also be made available to be downloaded for free).

Before I finish and submit my entry I am making sure that you are ok with me using much of the code from the Example - Tree World Side Scroller Test level created by you. I do plan on replacing the textures with my own (with the possible exception of the pencil as I am not a great animator), adding code specific to my needs, as well as creating my own music before the dead line of April 5 2013. More than likely the version I will have at that time will be pretty beta, but it will be playable and I do plan on continuing to update it after the competition deadline. Of course I would keep the NovaShell and rtsoft logo on the start screen as well as credit you somewhere (either on the start screen or in the credits when I manage to create them).

When you have time to respond please let me know if this is acceptable.

Sincerely,
James

Seth
03-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Sure, feel free!