PDA

View Full Version : running proton on windows

karelc
03-13-2013, 05:25 PM
I guess people don't use proton for this but it's handy for the artist guy. I'm trying to get my app to run on windows, it ofcourse does on mine but not on any other pc.
I can build common debug or release, I can run them. Others (without visual studio or powervr sdk or any of that stuff) can run the release but it does nothing.
log.txt shows only this:
" Setting native video mode to 960, 640 - Fullscreen: 0 Aspect Ratio: 0.00 "

Seth
03-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Hmm, it should work fine.

Try setting the video mode in main.cpp to "Windows" ? (That will force it to 1024 X 768 size)

Or, to get more fancy, you can take advantage of App::OnPreInitVideo() to force the screensize and windows mode so you don't mess with main.cpp:

In your App.cpp add something like this:

bool App::OnPreInitVideo()
{
if (!BaseApp::OnPreInitVideo()) return false;

#if defined(C_FORCE_BIG_SCREEN_SIZE_FOR_WINDOWS_BUILDS )
#if defined(_WINDOWS_)

g_winAllowFullscreenToggle = false; //up to you...
//comment out this part if you really want to emulate other systems/phone sizes, from settings in main.cpp
SetEmulatedPlatformID(PLATFORM_ID_WINDOWS);
g_winVideoScreenX = 1024;
g_winVideoScreenY = 768;

//why not go bigger?
#ifdef C_BIG_WINDOWS_FOR_SCREENSHOTS
g_winVideoScreenX = 1700;
g_winVideoScreenY = 1024;
#endif

#endif
return true;
}

karelc
03-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Doesn't change things.. I wouldn't think it fails because of window size anyway.

Seth
03-18-2013, 10:24 PM
Hmm. Make sure you are doing Release GL, not just Release.

My Dink Smallwood HD game for Windows uses proton and this build setting and I've not had any problems with it.

karelc
03-19-2013, 10:33 AM
oh.. I don't know why but I had it at common release. Probably ever since I read the page on how to debug with powervr using common debug a while ago.
It works with release gl.