PDA

View Full Version : Sources/Sound/Makefile.in not generated

bvanevery
03-13-2013, 08:24 PM
This is for ClanLib 3.0. autogen.sh works but configure fails on the audio lib stuff. Makefile.am exists but Makefile.in is not generated.

checking asoundlib.h usability... no
checking asoundlib.h presence... no
checking for asoundlib.h... no
checking alsa/asoundlib.h usability... yes
checking alsa/asoundlib.h presence... yes
checking for alsa/asoundlib.h... yes
[...]
config.status: error: cannot find input file: `Sources/Sound/Makefile.in'
Perhaps movement of code to the alsa/ subdirectory has bugged the logic here? I haven't looked at the build code, just guessing.

Judas
03-14-2013, 12:12 AM
This is also happening here. I have no idea why.

Maybe rombust has some ideas?

rombust
03-14-2013, 07:08 AM
It's simply because 3.0 is not working on Linux :)

Either attempt to fix it yourself and send a patch, or wait a month or two :)

It will take a while to fix all the problems

I recently haven't had the time.

bvanevery
03-14-2013, 08:19 PM
It's simply because 3.0 is not working on Linux :)

It smells like a trivial build error in the Automake scripts, so does this imply that Linux is not a testing target for 3.0?

I compared configure.ac in ClanLib 2.3 SVN, which does build, to ClanLib 3.0 SVN which does not. The AM_CONDITIONAL for ALSA has been moved outside of a conditional block. In 2.3 it's

if test "$enable_clanSound" = "auto"; then enable_clanSound=yes; fi
AM_CONDITIONAL(ALSA, test x$have_alsa = xyes)

fi
and in 3.0 it's

if test "$enable_clanSound" = "auto"; then enable_clanSound=yes; fi
fi
AM_CONDITIONAL(ALSA, test x$have_alsa = xyes)
I tried changing it back to what it was in 2.3. Now autogen.sh complains about a missing Vorbis directory. It exists in 2.3 but not in 3.0. I commented out the Vorbis stuff in configure.ac and deleted the Vorbis reference in sources/Makefile.am. Now autogen.sh and configure WORK. Don't have time to actually do the build right now, will report results later.

Incidentally I used the Meld tool to do a visual diff on Linux. It's very pretty, I've never used it before, and it made short work of the compare job. Obtainable from your favorite repo.

Judas
03-15-2013, 06:08 PM
clanVorbis was merged into clanSound in the 3.0 branch. Removing the references like you did was probably the correct solution. :)

bvanevery
03-18-2013, 02:29 PM
I've attached a patch. BTW have you guys considered moving on to Mercurial or Git instead of this SVN "give you a patch" stuff?

Judas
03-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Thanks, applied this patch.

bvanevery
03-18-2013, 08:09 PM
Received via SVN and verified as building. Your rapid application has saved me having to learn how to import and export SVN to Mercurial or Git for the time being. :D