Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tanked Update

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    So you're just going to back away without a fight?

Coward. *wink wink*
    There's no point in fighting for an update. Obviously Seth doesn't believe a small update with new maps and a new tank will boost the popularity all of a sudden. Well, R.I.P. Tanked. I love you (;

-DH
    The Hawk Can Drive A Tank Like A Boss ( And Run You Over With A Beagle <3

My question for Seth:

have you considered making Tanked open source?

For example, Blender was once proprietary. Then the guy didn't have time to keep making updates, so he made it open source. Almost instantly, Blender got a lot more features and improvement of existing features. Look at it today, it is just as good as Maya.

Is it because you are using either the same or similar code in GT and you don't want people to learn how you created the game?

I really want to see Tanked go somewhere.
    I am not a Moderator. I just like helping people out!

I mean there are some points Seth points out greatly! Like for example Growtopia is the 1 paying the bills. I understand that perfectly because if you dont pay bills bad things happen. Heck guys dont just bash him and threatening him saying oh oh oh tanked needs an update now. If he doesnt want to update tanked he doesnt need to! I mean updates will make it more popular and get more money. But that doesnt happen overnight, it happens over time and you have to EARN it like a job. There is nothing really wrong with the game honestly. It is a game and people need to realize that it isnt the end of the world if 1 single game doesnt get an update. Everything doesnt last forever. They are born and they die. That is how life works. So stop bashing Seth saying tanked needs an update.

~Zackery459
    YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING IF YOU PUT YOUR EFFORT AND MIND INTO IT! (I am Zackery459)

Oh yo yo... there's a demon inside...oh yo yo...just like Jekyll 'n Hyde...

Quote Originally Posted by Zackery View Post
    I mean there are some points Seth points out greatly! Like for example Growtopia is the 1 paying the bills. I understand that perfectly because if you dont pay bills bad things happen. Heck guys dont just bash him and threatening him saying oh oh oh tanked needs an update now. If he doesnt want to update tanked he doesnt need to! I mean updates will make it more popular and get more money. But that doesnt happen overnight, it happens over time and you have to EARN it like a job. There is nothing really wrong with the game honestly. It is a game and people need to realize that it isnt the end of the world if 1 single game doesnt get an update. Everything doesnt last forever. They are born and they die. That is how life works. So stop bashing Seth saying tanked needs an update.

~Zackery459
    We're not threatening or bashing. We're saying that updating the game has a good chance of bringing in more $$$.

Quotable quotes:

Selling HTB Seeds 5/WL in vending at B2SEEDS

We're not threatening or bashing. We're saying that updating the game has a good chance of bringing in more $$$.
    Ik you are but you are threatening him saying, "Oh we will quit if it doesnt get an update." It is a game... If he doesnt seem like he doesnt want to update Tanked, then he doesnt need to. This has been going on for to long honestly. It should be case closed the man said what he wanted to say. He said he isnt going to update it so there is your answer. It really doesnt need to be talked even more. I know and I understand you want an update but seriously... It is his game and he can do whatever he wants with it.

~ Zackery459
    YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING IF YOU PUT YOUR EFFORT AND MIND INTO IT! (I am Zackery459)

Yeah, because all the veterans are crushing me to smithereens with their advanced tanks. I haven't played for too long and all I have is a m3 sherman.. It would be great to have some new players like me, so we would have a sorta "fair" battle.

Agreed, updates are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackery View Post
    Ik you are but you are threatening him saying, "Oh we will quit if it doesnt get an update." It is a game... If he doesnt seem like he doesnt want to update Tanked, then he doesnt need to. This has been going on for to long honestly. It should be case closed the man said what he wanted to say. He said he isnt going to update it so there is your answer. It really doesnt need to be talked even more. I know and I understand you want an update but seriously... It is his game and he can do whatever he wants with it.

~ Zackery459
    So how much does he care if we leave this game? Not one bit. He won't update it so who cares. Our choice if we want to leave or not. It's not very threatening if Seth isn't really concerned with this game at the moment and would rather care about growtopia. He already stated, "Tanked had it's chance." Which most likely means he's done with tanked and wouldn't give a damn if people left.
    The Hawk Can Drive A Tank Like A Boss ( And Run You Over With A Beagle <3

Just be grateful that Seth made this game.
    those 2-3 years of our life playing it has been a good one.

Seth has made a really good game and it is free. – You don't need to spend a dime to get high ranks. M3 is very capable to be played and get high ranks.. see Strider for example

So despite of whining and bashing, lets just wait patiently and be hopeful :sweat drop: for an update in the future.

Seth has his priorities, and look like tanked isn't his number one. Respect that, as we had a good run and also he needs the game to be a profitable one, as he has probably spent hundreds of hours developing it.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshoot View Post

Seth has made a really good game and it is free. – You don't need to spend a dime to get high ranks. M3 is very capable to be played and get high ranks.. see Strider for example

So despite of whining and bashing, lets just wait patiently and be hopeful :sweat drop: for an update in the future.

Seth has his priorities, and look like tanked isn't his number one. Respect that, as we had a good run and also he needs the game to be a profitable one, as he has probably spent hundreds of hours developing it.
    Well why doesn't he shut down the server cuz I think he pays to keep tanked server running so if no update just STOP!
    The One and Only Legend SKULL!

well skull, he can do that

and he haven't, so isn't that something to be grateful? come on, tanked is still playable as it is now. on my days games don't even receive updates

well skull, he can do that

and he haven't, so isn't that something to be grateful? come on, tanked is still playable as it is now. on my days games don't even receive updates
    Looks like I have to find a new game I can play as much as I played Tanked. I spend days over days playing tanked. Sad truth.
    Watch me play Tanked:
    NEW CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtNm9RSoslZnFayXZOhZLIw
    OLD CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNlvMLLR6XM

Beware, I love trolling!

I've gotten a little inactive on tanked lately, and since I see no webOS-kickout, there will be no comeback.
    In Growtopia I'm around as the fabulouzz Psychoman.
    See you there! Meet me in my World MRLAVA or in my farm, TEQUILAFARM.

Quote Originally Posted by InYourFACE View Post
    Looks like I have to find a new game I can play as much as I played Tanked. I spend days over days playing tanked. Sad truth.
    I used to actually flunk school because I wanted to play Tanked soooo bad.

Quotable quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by Inner View Post
    Yeah, because all the veterans are crushing me to smithereens with their advanced tanks. I haven't played for too long and all I have is a m3 sherman.. It would be great to have some new players like me, so we would have a sorta "fair" battle.

Agreed, updates are needed.
    Only if Tanked was how it was in the old days... The only tank available was the M3.

Lesser Wizard

I fully agree with Dontshoot.
    I play Tanked daily for exactly three years (yep, I'm here since August of 2011), and I don't see any reason to whining and bashing. I still have a lot of fun with it. Therefore I would like thank Seth for that game.

and actually If someone don't like Tanked as it is, feel free to leave the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I think anyone who's played GT and other so called "free to play" games will understand GT is NOT a money grubbing scam with artificial barriers, a skinner box, a treadmill with a predetermined path - it's actually a wide open and interesting player run universe and economy that has moved in directions nobody could predict because ALL players (including non-payers) are given complete freedom.

Unique and interesting experience is the primary goal, not the $. Same as all my games. Many of the richest players haven't spent a dime of real $, and that's totally fine, they absolutely can still do everything and enjoy everything without horrible grinding, unlike basically every other free to play out there.

All special abilities (double jump, wings, etc) are easy to get, so really it's even more fair as far as competition (which plays a minor role actually) than Tanked.

I understand the frustration with the cobwebs on Tanked, but unfairly dumping on Growtopia isn't going to help. If anybody can only enjoy tanked if it gets huge updates, I suggest trying another game.

I understand, maybe I think that way because I just haven't seen all there is to see.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I hear ya. But Growtopia is the one paying the bills so it's fair to give it all the focus. Even if I added new maps/tanks to Tanked I don't think it would see a huge rise in popularity, it had its chance already.
    We know what your saying. To be honest, tanked probably won't be any more popular. But think about it, just give a little of your time to us...the measly tanked players. We've waited long for an update, and one update every year is good enough for us. We don't expect weekly updates like Growtopia, just something new and enjoyable.
    Tanked: megaman01

Growtopia : (Retired) megaman01 (visit Thingo)

Quote Originally Posted by megaman01 View Post
    I understand, maybe I think that way because I just haven't seen all there is to see.....
    Nope; there's quite a bit you probably missed. I make close to 4,000 gems a day with my measly junk.

Quote Originally Posted by megaman01
    We know what your saying. To be honest, tanked probably won't be any more popular. But think about it, just give a little of your time to us...the measly tanked players. We've waited long for an update, and one update every year is good enough for us. We don't expect weekly updates like Growtopia, just something new and enjoyable.
    ^^^^

At least this...please Seth...

Quotable quotes:

Hm.

Seth, I like to thank you at this point for creating this amazing game for us all. I spent hours, days, weeks playing tanked, I even found the game so awesome that I spent a lot of money for it, 2 RTs, lots of skulls and spiders.
    We all know that Growtopia takes time, and Tanked isn't worth working on it. At least not for you. But the community that Tanked still has, is one of the greatest communities ever since. Nice people in every corner. Of course there are bad people too, but these are oftenly taken out by the moderators. Good Job!
    I guess every tanked player that still enjoys the game like on the first day, like I do, would ask you the same thing as I do: Please, don't shut down the servers. And if you do, please not without a warning like in Funeral Quest. This app was the first app I downloaded on my AppleID when I got my iPod in 2012, after I discovered the game in the webOS store. Since then, I found a huge group of very awesome people on tanked, which is besides a place for awesome battles, a place for nice talking and stuff. I had a lot of moments I won't forget so fast, I am not gonna name them here though.

It's hard for me to see Tanked slowly fading away, since it's ever been my favourite game, behind all the big one's like Minecraft or other huge games by for example Gameloft. It's one of the few games I spent money on, besides Growtopia and Heroes of order and Chaos.

I love Tanked.

And again, thanks. Thanks a lot.

I am grateful that you created Tanked for me, for us, for everyone.

Sincerely,
    Bohne
    Watch me play Tanked:
    NEW CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtNm9RSoslZnFayXZOhZLIw
    OLD CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNlvMLLR6XM

Beware, I love trolling!

I've gotten a little inactive on tanked lately, and since I see no webOS-kickout, there will be no comeback.
    In Growtopia I'm around as the fabulouzz Psychoman.
    See you there! Meet me in my World MRLAVA or in my farm, TEQUILAFARM.

Quote Originally Posted by InYourFACE View Post
    Hm.

Seth, I like to thank you at this point for creating this amazing game for us all. I spent hours, days, weeks playing tanked, I even found the game so awesome that I spent a lot of money for it, 2 RTs, lots of skulls and spiders.
    We all know that Growtopia takes time, and Tanked isn't worth working on it. At least not for you. But the community that Tanked still has, is one of the greatest communities ever since. Nice people in every corner. Of course there are bad people too, but these are oftenly taken out by the moderators. Good Job!
    I guess every tanked player that still enjoys the game like on the first day, like I do, would ask you the same thing as I do: Please, don't shut down the servers. And if you do, please not without a warning like in Funeral Quest. This app was the first app I downloaded on my AppleID when I got my iPod in 2012, after I discovered the game in the webOS store. Since then, I found a huge group of very awesome people on tanked, which is besides a place for awesome battles, a place for nice talking and stuff. I had a lot of moments I won't forget so fast, I am not gonna name them here though.

It's hard for me to see Tanked slowly fading away, since it's ever been my favourite game, behind all the big one's like Minecraft or other huge games by for example Gameloft. It's one of the few games I spent money on, besides Growtopia and Heroes of order and Chaos.

I love Tanked.

And again, thanks. Thanks a lot.

I am grateful that you created Tanked for me, for us, for everyone.

Sincerely,
    Bohne
    *Facepalm* That wasn't the point of the thread...

Thanks for making me sound like an ungrateful bastard.

Quotable quotes:

Banned
    World of Tanks Fan rolling around with a FV215b!

AH HA! I have a perfect idea! Hamumu is responsible for GT's art, right? Bring him over here, and give Tanked a facelift. New coin design. New tank skins. New map skins. Of course, the already existing Tanks will still be there, but slightly redesigned. Maybe a tread animation when the tank moves. The grass would look more "grassy," with little blades sticking up, rather than a green colored mat. Heck, maybe even use blocks/designs from Growtopia to form some areas. The Tavern could be slightly remodeled to look more like a tavern scene.

If Hamumu doesn't want to do it, or is too busy, try asking Blenderite. I've seen his art, and he's pretty damn good.

This can help Tanked get popular! This will bring the game to new heights!

- - - Updated - - -

You play Growtopia, don't you?
    This kkkkkkkk

FYI i play tanked (not so much tho)

But yea i noticed all this, there should atleast just be one update, EVEN one would be good Enuff

or just sell this to wargaming and let em do stuff jk
    Yes... I am a Prussian now. Forget planes, I use muskets and shoot frenchmen with muskets. Rip old Lennart. #LordLenin #Lenin4pres