Thread: Another bug...

Squire

Exclamation Another bug...

I know this is getting boring, but I have found another bug. Hawk tipped me about it and I decided to experiment a little.

If someone makes the login using 2 different browsers, he can lurk at the Cafe while actually doing his turns (using the other browser), visiting Yang's, going to the Parlors, the University, etc. This is particular useful to someone because he can stay at the Cafe typing "/all" and see other players activity, while waiting at the Parlors to visit a player he's interested on visiting. Sometimes this gets flawed and the same player, let's assume he is named "X" can be timing out the Cafe for 3 minutes, while another "X" is playing his turns and is not timing out. That gives the player "X" the unfair advantage, because he can be aware of everyone's else activities while apparently doing his turns.

You add this "ability" to the "ability" of hiding the information of who was attacked (since the logging of the event depends on user action and is not simultaneous to the event itself) and you get a "super" player. We have seen this happening plenty of times in this game but we didn't had an explanation to the weird phenomenons we had watched (by "we" I mean other players who began to get suspicious).

Some players calls this a "trick", not a bug. Alex calls this a "trick". He says other players mustn't complain about any of this but rather "use their brains" . However, by logical definition if something depends on user action and the user omission can be used to deceive other players, that is not a legitimate "trick", nor a legitimate "tactics", that is the exploitation of a bug, specially because the logging of events wasn't intended to depend on user action. My duty as a player is to report this to the server admin. It is up to him to fix it or not. Nonetheless, FQ remains as a classic, with a bright concept, it is a shame its flaws are exploited this way.

Thanks for everybody's attention.
    Sam

Default Things straight

I like the way Sam experiments all the things I discover, shows willingness.

Seth, I came upon both bugs, this one and the one with the disappearing news, in the previous tournament and did not know about them before that, or else someone would have noticed.

About this one you can rest easy because it gives no real advantage to anybody. If you use the 2 browsers all you get is a second version of yourself which is basically handicapped. What I mean by this is that if you set one of them in the cafe and with the other go about your business the one in the cafe won't see anything other players talk, won't see who logs on and off, yangs etc, unless that player stays in the cafe and madly hits '/all' for hours until the one who he wants to attacks exits and then goes to the other browser and hits the parlor. But frankly, in this situation, maybe the player who went through all that trouble deserves that visit for all those hours spent on nothing really.

In conclusion, I found it, experimented a bit with it and found it to be of no use. Just makes people wonder what's happening and think you are cheating

And the bug with the hiding news I see that Sam (ozymandias) and Hawk make full use of it now, allowing Hawk to make headway.

These two 'tricks' are a new thing to Funeral Quest and I am glad to have found something new in this old and wonderful game.

Squire

Smile This is straight

Regarding the bug I found and I reported, you knew it for a long time and you didn't considered it to be a bug, so you couldn't be the one who reported it. I was the one who identified it as a bug and reported it to Seth, you were the one using it for your own benefit.

Like I told Hawk and Sadge, since I like to play the game, this tournament, and the next tournament, I won't spend gold tags on Strength or Stamina, but rather spend it buying another Hearses to play more turns every day. It is my choice to do so, I don't care about winning. I wanted to won once and I was able to do that the last time.

To prove Alex didn't considered that to be a bug and didn't mention it to anybody, there are a few files:

Name:  1.png
Views: 16
Size:  28.5 KBName:  2.png
Views: 14
Size:  11.1 KB

As you see, in your own words, you said to everybody that wasn't a bug. That was before I found out how you did that (how you hid information from the News). You denied it was much as you could, you wouldn't share the information with the community of players. Even this tournament you kept denying it was bug, you kept saying it was a "trick". You also kept appearing at 2 places at the same time, and you always denied it until me and Hawk found out how you did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Charlie View Post
    I like the way Sam experiments all the things I discover, shows willingness.

Seth, I came upon both bugs, this one and the one with the disappearing news, in the previous tournament and did not know about them before that, or else someone would have noticed.

About this one you can rest easy because it gives no real advantage to anybody. If you use the 2 browsers all you get is a second version of yourself which is basically handicapped. What I mean by this is that if you set one of them in the cafe and with the other go about your business the one in the cafe won't see anything other players talk, won't see who logs on and off, yangs etc, unless that player stays in the cafe and madly hits '/all' for hours until the one who he wants to attacks exits and then goes to the other browser and hits the parlor. But frankly, in this situation, maybe the player who went through all that trouble deserves that visit for all those hours spent on nothing really.

In conclusion, I found it, experimented a bit with it and found it to be of no use. Just makes people wonder what's happening and think you are cheating

And the bug with the hiding news I see that Sam (ozymandias) and Hawk make full use of it now, allowing Hawk to make headway.

These two 'tricks' are a new thing to Funeral Quest and I am glad to have found something new in this old and wonderful game.
    Sam

Lesser Wizard

GOOD GRIEF!!

I am amused at how you take snapshots of every thing I say ) It goes to show that you wanted to use it against me, which shows me more that you are willing to help Hawk win. Always letting her attack you and stuff like that, but I like competition, so it's okay.
    So like you showed in your pretty pictures, I found it and you all wondered.

Truth is that I don't know if it is a bug or not. If I find something that others don't know I call it a trick/strategy and I use it.
    Like I said, I did not know of it before the last tournament. If you believe me or not it is your choice.

Sorry to have brought this domestic argument here, Seth, I'm sure you have better things to do.

Have a good day!

Squire

Smile :)

I only take snapshots of when you lie, just in case you try to lie again, like you did. If I let Hawk attack me, that's legitimate. You did that kind of arrangements before. If I send Hawk 1 gold tag or if I send her 1 Sparrow when she needs, that's all legitimate, as long as you don't use dupe accounts to do that kind of stuff.

This wasn't a "domestic discussion", it was a bug reporting. You were the one who brought non-related issues to the thread.

Besides, since there is a programming logic behind what is a bug and what is not, if you don't know that, I can't correct the mistakes of an illogical and irrational reasoning (that's an oxymoron right there). No university can do that, I won't be the one to try.
    Sam

Default busted

And what if I tell you that I have proof that you've been using the bug to attack Hawk twice a day (and like you said, you have no strength whatsoever) so to give her your points without them being reported in the news, and not using your visits to steal like you said...?

Squire

Talking :)

Sadge, Hawk and I, we all know you used a duple account the last tournament, which was kept with ST 3 and HP 10 until the day 28 of the game, to attack yourself and hide the information from the News. On day 39 of the game, 40 minutes before the new turn, you used a newly created account, named "Priscine", to lurk inside my parlor to avoid me from logging on and doing my turns (this is so absurd). I had to try to logon for 8 minutes before being able to do so. When I logged on, you were at the Cafe, and Priscine had been kicked due to IP conflict. You said she was a "newbie", but would a newbie lurk inside my Parlor for almost 10 minutes without attacking me? You also confessed doing the same thing to another player, named Bob Vila, the tournament before that.

If I'm doing what you said I'm doing with Hawk, then I must be a very good player indeed, considering I have almost 57k bury points without attacking anybody, not to mention I'm 3rd place. Right? Does that mean if I wasn't doing what you assume I'm doing I would be first place. Hmmmmmmm... very interesting.
    Sam

You thought I was cheating by messing with the code to hide news and to be 2 places at once. You were wrong once and you are wrong yet again about Boyd. It is a complete fabrication. Milo from this game was Boyd from the last and he's playing a pretty good game.

Secondly you did not answer the accusation, are you or are you not giving Hawk your points?

And no, if you were attacking with strength you'd be second last game I made a mistake which will not happen again. You gave up this game when you saw you could not win and thought to help Hawk. It's as clear as day. And with both of you working together the result will be the same, which will show that last tournament you got lucky

Squire

Seriously, Alex? Again this drama? This post started as a bug report, somehow you got so pissed that I reported another bug instead of keeping it to myself, that you take it out on me? This is childish. I already answer to all your questions in the News. I have nothing against you, you made me your "rival" just because I won over you the last time. And now you are saying you "can't lose" and that you lost because "you made 1 mistake"? Are you serious? You lost because losing is normal. It happens. Get over it. This is just an internet flash game, which, by the way, my 10 year old nephew plays and loves it. I'll keep having fun and I'll keep reporting any bugs I find to Seth, even though you get really pissed at it, since you consider them to be your "strategy", your "tricks" or something like that... they are not, they are flaws that must be reported to increase game play experience and avoid foul play.
    Sam

You avoided the question again so I have my answer.

Good luck in future game and hope you'll stay in the game for more than 17 days like this tournament. You have Hawk as an example to guide you.

Squire

I had already answered that question in the News. Like I said, I'm against drama, this is not something I'm used to, neither is the behaviour I'm used to witness. You are the one who turned a bug reporting into a personal matter, you took offense because you don't like me reporting to admin the bugs you exploit. That's okay, I don't care about that, just don't make such a drama over your personal concerns. They are yours to keep.
    Sam

Squire

Quoting you: "you avoided the question again so I have my answer".

That's an example of illogical and irrational reasoning. I had answered, literally speaking, even here, although ironically. Irony is a figure of speech most people get.
    Sam

relax, I like that you're helping Hawk, it's very sportive of you

Squire

Thumbs up :)

Repeating something doesn't make it true. That's an actual logical fallacy you have incurred on, called Argumentum ad nauseam. Your question itself was a logical fallacy, named "complex question", I'll give you an example: if you ask someone "have you stopped beating your wife?". You are assuming it to be true just by the construction of the question. I can't argue with you simply because we use different kinds of logical and inferential processes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Charlie View Post
    relax, I like that you're helping Hawk, it's very sportive of you
    Last edited by sam; 03-31-2013 at 02:30 AM. Reason: there was a typo: "bating" for "beating"
    Sam

I was just being condescending because the truth is right there and you keep lying. You lied, and it's ok.
    You do the words, I do the math, and the calculation says that Hawk has everyday more points than she could make on her own. She would have to have made out of 25 turns/day more than 3500 points, which no one can make on daily basis, not even once a tournament. Your attacks are nowhere to be found in the news, you let her attack you, you send her tags, sparrows... go figure. I'm not going to beat around the bush any longer. You keep lying impertinently as long as you want, I don't care because it won't make a difference.

Btw, I like how you gave yourself a thumbs up. Like the way you like yourself

Squire

Thumbs up :)

No, I do the words and I do the math too. I'm good at both

Like I said, Argumentum ad Nauseam is not going to win an argument. You keep falling at it and I still try to reason with you, even though you obviously don't care logic and procedure, only about yourself.
    You got 5k bury points today, and on a regular basis you get more than 4k bury points. These days I had 7k bury points in one day, and the day before yesterday I had almost 6k bury points. And I didn't visited anybody. How can you explain I had so much bury points if you keep saying I attack Hawk to give her bury points? It all depends on the tactics the player uses. You are in first place with a 3k points of advantage, you are probably going to win, don't make such a drama over Hawk being able to make 4k or 5k bury points some days. That's all regular stuff.

By the way, the "thumbs up" is an affirmative sign in Brazil, it has a different meaning. Cultures are different, didn't you knew about that? Learn to read the context.
    Sam

Learn to type the grammar.

You don't spend your tags on st or hp and you buy more turns, that's your choice and so you make more points some days. I wasn't talking about some days, I was talking about a surplus of 800-1000 points every day, there is a difference, mind you.

You're just putting on a show here in case someone reads this, I understand that, but don't think for a second I'm buying any of it. You do your little dance.

Ok, well I don't really have a lot of time to delve in and figure out what can be exploited (FQ has been sadly ignored by RTsoft for years.. ) , but let's just put it this way, if I see in the logs anybody doing double logons or using a trick to "hide" fights, I will ban that player. Let's keep everyone on the same playing field if we can.

As always, dupe accounts (and I can tell, even if the IP address is different usually .. well, if I bother to check) are always grounds for deletion too, so let's not.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies