Thread: HOW TO: Installing Android on the HP Touchpad - New and Improved Method

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default HOW TO: Installing Android on the HP Touchpad - New and Improved Method

How to Install Android on the HP Touchpad - The Easy Way!

Since I last made a thread on this topic, some wonderful new tools have been made to make this process much easier and less risky!!!

However be aware, If you do not follow these instructions carefully, there is a chance that you can brick your device. While this is a risk, I have never had this happen. Please read through all the instructions before doing anything.

Let's Get Started!!!

1. Make sure you got Novacom installed. You can get it from here.

2. Get the necessary files.

3. Connect your Touchpad to your PC or Mac with the USB cable and put it into USB Mode (Recovery Mode) by either of these methods:

4. Extract the TPToolbox.zip file. Copy the 4 files you downloaded above onto the resulting extracted folder and choose one of the following:

5. Decide if you want to keep WebOS installed, or delete it and have extra space for fun things like pictures and games.

To delete WebOS:

To dual boot Android and WebOS:

6. Using the the volume keys to move and the home button to select, choose the Install Android option. Navigate on your computer to your Touchpad (Look under My Computer on Windows), and copy the Gapps, Recovery Image and Android Build into the ttinstall folder. Wait for this to finish, usually several minutes.

7. Back on your Touchpad, choose Unmount Media Volume, confirm install, and wait patiently as it installs Android! It should reboot. Once it does, you will see a bar along the top with a large TWRP on the upper left hand side. Continue Waiting Once it reboots again, you will see a menu pop up with blue text. Using the Volume buttons to move up and down and the home button to select, choose boot CyanogenMod.

8. Setup Android and Enjoy!!!

Congratulations!!! Wasn't that easy?

If you got any question post them below!!!
    Last edited by Blenderite; 01-14-2015 at 11:42 PM.
    I am not a Moderator. I just like helping people out!

Banned

IS it worth wasting my time in a touchpad that wont last more thsan 6 months now
    Quote Originally Posted by Blenderite View Post
    How to Install Android on the HP Touchpad - The Easy Way!

Since I last made a thread on this topic, some wonderful new tools have been made to make this process much easier and less risky!!!

However be aware, If you do not follow these instructions carefully, there is a chance that you can brick your device. While this is a risk, I have never had this happen. Please read through all the instructions before doing anything.

Let's Get Started!!!

1. Make sure you got Novacom installed. You can get it from here.

2. Get the necessary files.

3. Connect your Touchpad to your PC or Mac with the USB cable and put it into USB Mode (Recovery Mode) by either of these methods:

4. Extract the TPToolbox.zip file. Copy the 4 files you downloaded above onto the resulting extracted folder and choose one of the following:

5. Decide if you want to keep WebOS installed, or delete it and have extra space for fun things like pictures and games.

To delete WebOS:

To dual boot Android and WebOS:

6. Using the the volume keys to move and the home button to select, choose the Install Android option. Navigate on your computer to your Touchpad (Look under My Computer on Windows), and copy the Gapps, Recovery Image and Android Build into the ttinstall folder. Wait for this to finish, usually several minutes.

7. Back on your Touchpad, choose Unmount Media Volume, confirm install, and wait patiently as it installs Android! It should reboot. Once it does, you will see a bar along the top with a large TWRP on the upper left hand side. Continue Waiting Once it reboots again, you will see a menu pop up with blue text. Using the Volume buttons to move up and down and the home button to select, choose boot CyanogenMod.

8. Setup Android and Enjoy!!!

Congratulations!!! Wasn't that easy?

If you got any question post them below!!!

Won't last more than 6-months? What do you mean???

Quote Originally Posted by playerde View Post
    IS it worth wasting my time in a touchpad that wont last more thsan 6 months now
    Uhhhh I had my touchpad for 2 years and I still have it well its converted into android but yeah.

Oh yo yo... there's a demon inside...oh yo yo...just like Jekyll 'n Hyde...

Quote Originally Posted by playerde View Post
    If you don't download, the tablet will keep working, but you can't use the App store and little features like those.

Yay this thread got stickied!

Quotable quotes:

Selling HTB Seeds 5/WL in vending at B2SEEDS

That was really good post!!
    well done!!
    Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

Lesser Knight

Default YEP

Quote Originally Posted by kamkaran View Post
    That was really good post!!
    well done!!
    Iagree with kamkaran and i heard seth is gunna kick webos out soon i did dis and it worked. even if it didnt it would be ok as i have another touchpad, 2 androids, and 1 iphone.
    IF U SEE ME PASS ME SOME COINS, I AM WORKING HARD FOR TANK COINS FOR RTSOFT TANK AND FATTY.FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW ME I AM THE OLD TANKHAMMR IM AM NOW LAZER AS I WAS HACKED. BEST REGUARDS,tankhammR

Default Help a nooB plz

Hello,

I came across this during a google search as i was thinking about installing android on the HP TP ... I thought that this was one of the easiest write-ups that I had come across during my search...

I downloaded all of the files linked in this write-up and followed the instructions but when I get to the "Install Android" part, I am getting the following

ERROR: unrecognized/unsupported zip 'update-CWM-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140317.zip'
    ERROR: 1 unrecognized/unsupported zip files
    ERROR: Checking Install ZIP files. Aborting.

What am I doing wrong? This is all new to me and I tried several times with the same result.

I am using TPToolbox-2014-08-10-v41.zip as the version of Toolbox.

Please help.. thanks

Aw, I dont have the HP touch pad, Freakin money money money

You're not missing out on anything iCuto.

Default problem

i got a touchpad as a gift with android already installed mod 9 after a few days it started bootlooping endlessly so i formatted the whole thing using cwm now when i install android using your method i get an error on the first as novacom is giving driver errors

Bumping this, even though its on the first page.

Quotable quotes:

Default Nice!

This is the way I got Android on my touchpad its super awesome, just one question how do you screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by xDGurl View Post
    This is the way I got Android on my touchpad its super awesome, just one question how do you screenshot?
    I'm doing screenshots on my G2 pressing Power and volume down. Idk if it's everywhere like this.
    Watch me play Tanked:
    NEW CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtNm9RSoslZnFayXZOhZLIw
    OLD CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNlvMLLR6XM

Beware, I love trolling!

I've gotten a little inactive on tanked lately, and since I see no webOS-kickout, there will be no comeback.
    In Growtopia I'm around as the fabulouzz Psychoman.
    See you there! Meet me in my World MRLAVA or in my farm, TEQUILAFARM.

I don't have my touchpad in front of me right now, but I believe it is hold power button and hit screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blenderite View Post
    I don't have my touchpad in front of me right now, but I believe it is hold power button and hit screenshot.
    I tried it like many times it works on my cousins android tablet but not mines like the only buttons which pop up are power button reboot and profile.

I tried it like many times it works on my cousins android tablet but not mines like the only buttons which pop up are power button reboot and profile.
    Try doing power button + home button.

Home Button + Power Button.

Seth, mind putting this in the Gazette so people can see how to do it? Might be able to kick WebOS quicker.

Quotable quotes:

]http://www.gifbin.com/bin/072010/1279530695_fffffffuuuuuuu.gif[/IMG]

SO HARD

I LOVE APPLES