Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: HOW TO: Installing Android on the HP Touchpad - New and Improved Method

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Lesser Wizard Blenderite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    249

    Default HOW TO: Installing Android on the HP Touchpad - New and Improved Method

    How to Install Android on the HP Touchpad - The Easy Way!

    Since I last made a thread on this topic, some wonderful new tools have been made to make this process much easier and less risky!!!


    However be aware, If you do not follow these instructions carefully, there is a chance that you can brick your device. While this is a risk, I have never had this happen. Please read through all the instructions before doing anything.


    Let's Get Started!!!


    1. Make sure you got Novacom installed. You can get it from here.

    2. Get the necessary files.



    3. Connect your Touchpad to your PC or Mac with the USB cable and put it into USB Mode (Recovery Mode) by either of these methods:



    4. Extract the TPToolbox.zip file. Copy the 4 files you downloaded above onto the resulting extracted folder and choose one of the following:



    5. Decide if you want to keep WebOS installed, or delete it and have extra space for fun things like pictures and games.

    To delete WebOS:



    To dual boot Android and WebOS:



    6. Using the the volume keys to move and the home button to select, choose the Install Android option. Navigate on your computer to your Touchpad (Look under My Computer on Windows), and copy the Gapps, Recovery Image and Android Build into the ttinstall folder. Wait for this to finish, usually several minutes.

    7. Back on your Touchpad, choose Unmount Media Volume, confirm install, and wait patiently as it installs Android! It should reboot. Once it does, you will see a bar along the top with a large TWRP on the upper left hand side. Continue Waiting Once it reboots again, you will see a menu pop up with blue text. Using the Volume buttons to move up and down and the home button to select, choose boot CyanogenMod.

    8. Setup Android and Enjoy!!!

    Congratulations!!! Wasn't that easy?

    If you got any question post them below!!!
    Last edited by Blenderite; 01-14-2015 at 11:42 PM.
    I am not a Moderator. I just like helping people out!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tanked
    Posts
    820

    Default

    IS it worth wasting my time in a touchpad that wont last more thsan 6 months now
    Quote Originally Posted by Blenderite View Post
    How to Install Android on the HP Touchpad - The Easy Way!

    Since I last made a thread on this topic, some wonderful new tools have been made to make this process much easier and less risky!!!


    However be aware, If you do not follow these instructions carefully, there is a chance that you can brick your device. While this is a risk, I have never had this happen. Please read through all the instructions before doing anything.


    Let's Get Started!!!


    1. Make sure you got Novacom installed. You can get it from here.

    2. Get the necessary files.



    3. Connect your Touchpad to your PC or Mac with the USB cable and put it into USB Mode (Recovery Mode) by either of these methods:



    4. Extract the TPToolbox.zip file. Copy the 4 files you downloaded above onto the resulting extracted folder and choose one of the following:



    5. Decide if you want to keep WebOS installed, or delete it and have extra space for fun things like pictures and games.

    To delete WebOS:



    To dual boot Android and WebOS:



    6. Using the the volume keys to move and the home button to select, choose the Install Android option. Navigate on your computer to your Touchpad (Look under My Computer on Windows), and copy the Gapps, Recovery Image and Android Build into the ttinstall folder. Wait for this to finish, usually several minutes.

    7. Back on your Touchpad, choose Unmount Media Volume, confirm install, and wait patiently as it installs Android! It should reboot. Once it does, you will see a bar along the top with a large TWRP on the upper left hand side. Continue Waiting Once it reboots again, you will see a menu pop up with blue text. Using the Volume buttons to move up and down and the home button to select, choose boot CyanogenMod.

    8. Setup Android and Enjoy!!!

    Congratulations!!! Wasn't that easy?

    If you got any question post them below!!!

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard Blenderite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Won't last more than 6-months? What do you mean???
    I am not a Moderator. I just like helping people out!

  4. #4
    Lesser Knight xDGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Earth ._.
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playerde View Post
    IS it worth wasting my time in a touchpad that wont last more thsan 6 months now
    Uhhhh I had my touchpad for 2 years and I still have it well its converted into android but yeah.

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Boomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Oh yo yo... there's a demon inside...oh yo yo...just like Jekyll 'n Hyde...
    Posts
    11,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playerde View Post
    IS it worth wasting my time in a touchpad that wont last more thsan 6 months now
    If you don't download, the tablet will keep working, but you can't use the App store and little features like those.


    Yay this thread got stickied!

    Quotable quotes:

    Selling HTB Seeds 5/WL in vending at B2SEEDS

  6. #6

    Default

    That was really good post!!
    well done!!
    Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

  7. #7
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    55

    Default YEP

    Quote Originally Posted by kamkaran View Post
    That was really good post!!
    well done!!
    Iagree with kamkaran and i heard seth is gunna kick webos out soon i did dis and it worked. even if it didnt it would be ok as i have another touchpad, 2 androids, and 1 iphone.
    IF U SEE ME PASS ME SOME COINS, I AM WORKING HARD FOR TANK COINS FOR RTSOFT TANK AND FATTY.FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW ME I AM THE OLD TANKHAMMR IM AM NOW LAZER AS I WAS HACKED. BEST REGUARDS,tankhammR

  8. #8

    Default Help a nooB plz

    Hello,

    I came across this during a google search as i was thinking about installing android on the HP TP ... I thought that this was one of the easiest write-ups that I had come across during my search...

    I downloaded all of the files linked in this write-up and followed the instructions but when I get to the "Install Android" part, I am getting the following

    ERROR: unrecognized/unsupported zip 'update-CWM-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140317.zip'
    ERROR: 1 unrecognized/unsupported zip files
    ERROR: Checking Install ZIP files. Aborting.

    What am I doing wrong? This is all new to me and I tried several times with the same result.

    I am using TPToolbox-2014-08-10-v41.zip as the version of Toolbox.

    Please help.. thanks

  9. #9
    Lesser Knight iCuto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    In Heaven with God :3
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Aw, I dont have the HP touch pad, Freakin money money money

  10. #10
    Lesser Wizard Blenderite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    249

    Default

    You're not missing out on anything iCuto.
    I am not a Moderator. I just like helping people out!

  11. #11

    Default problem

    i got a touchpad as a gift with android already installed mod 9 after a few days it started bootlooping endlessly so i formatted the whole thing using cwm now when i install android using your method i get an error on the first as novacom is giving driver errors

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Boomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Oh yo yo... there's a demon inside...oh yo yo...just like Jekyll 'n Hyde...
    Posts
    11,991

    Default

    Bumping this, even though its on the first page.

    Quotable quotes:

    Selling HTB Seeds 5/WL in vending at B2SEEDS

  13. #13
    Lesser Knight xDGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Earth ._.
    Posts
    38

    Default Nice!

    This is the way I got Android on my touchpad its super awesome, just one question how do you screenshot?

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer InYourFACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In a bean under the sea.
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xDGurl View Post
    This is the way I got Android on my touchpad its super awesome, just one question how do you screenshot?
    I'm doing screenshots on my G2 pressing Power and volume down. Idk if it's everywhere like this.
    Watch me play Tanked:
    NEW CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtNm9RSoslZnFayXZOhZLIw
    OLD CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNlvMLLR6XM

    Beware, I love trolling!



    I've gotten a little inactive on tanked lately, and since I see no webOS-kickout, there will be no comeback.
    In Growtopia I'm around as the fabulouzz Psychoman.
    See you there! Meet me in my World MRLAVA or in my farm, TEQUILAFARM.

  15. #15
    Lesser Wizard Blenderite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xDGurl View Post
    This is the way I got Android on my touchpad its super awesome, just one question how do you screenshot?
    I don't have my touchpad in front of me right now, but I believe it is hold power button and hit screenshot.
    I am not a Moderator. I just like helping people out!

  16. #16
    Lesser Knight xDGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Earth ._.
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blenderite View Post
    I don't have my touchpad in front of me right now, but I believe it is hold power button and hit screenshot.
    I tried it like many times it works on my cousins android tablet but not mines like the only buttons which pop up are power button reboot and profile.

  17. #17
    Lesser Wizard Blenderite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xDGurl View Post
    I tried it like many times it works on my cousins android tablet but not mines like the only buttons which pop up are power button reboot and profile.
    Try doing power button + home button.
    I am not a Moderator. I just like helping people out!

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Boomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Oh yo yo... there's a demon inside...oh yo yo...just like Jekyll 'n Hyde...
    Posts
    11,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xDGurl View Post
    This is the way I got Android on my touchpad its super awesome, just one question how do you screenshot?
    Home Button + Power Button.

    Seth, mind putting this in the Gazette so people can see how to do it? Might be able to kick WebOS quicker.

    Quotable quotes:

    Selling HTB Seeds 5/WL in vending at B2SEEDS

  19. #19
    Knight NOTemet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    My room DUH
    Posts
    90

    Default

    ]http://www.gifbin.com/bin/072010/1279530695_fffffffuuuuuuu.gif[/IMG]


    SO HARD






    I LOVE APPLES

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-28-2014, 06:29 AM
  2. How To: Installing Android on HP Touchpad
    By Blenderite in forum Tanked
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 11:38 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2014, 06:34 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 04:41 PM
  5. Is it safe to reload Touchpad os?
    By Roadkill in forum Tanked
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 09:52 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •