Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Installing Android on the HP Touchpad - New and Improved Method

Quote Originally Posted by slammin View Post

Here is what I used and it works great

TPToolbox-2014-08-10-v41

cm-11-20141125-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin.zip
    gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip
    update-TWRP-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140612.zip
    Thanks for posting this! I was going nuts trying to get it to work! Hopefully the instructions get updated.

Unhappy HELP, BLENDER!

Blenderite, its not working for me. When I put those files into the 'ttinstall' folder and unmount my touchpad, it says that the ROM file is an unsupported zip file.

PLS HELP ME WITH THIS! I REALLY WANT ANDROID!

Quote Originally Posted by wwww View Post
    Blenderite, its not working for me. When I put those files into the 'ttinstall' folder and unmount my touchpad, it says that the ROM file is an unsupported zip file.

Do a double check to make sure you don't have duplicate files downloaded. There should be:

One file named TPToolbox-2014-08-10-v41.zip
    One file named gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip
    One file named update-TWRP-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140612.zip
    One file named update-CWM-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140317.zip

If you have all those, make sure they all are complete downloads. If you do, try re-downloading the update-TWRP-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140612.zip one, which is the last link in step 2.
    I am not a Moderator. I just like helping people out!

Quote Originally Posted by Blenderite View Post
    try re-downloading the update-TWRP-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140612.zip one, which is the last link in step 2.
    I think its the 2nd last link, is'nt it?

ISN'T IT, BLENDER?
    Last edited by wwww; 01-14-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Default dOES'NT wORK

Do a double check to make sure you don't have duplicate files downloaded. There should be:

One file named TPToolbox-2014-08-10-v41.zip
    One file named gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip
    One file named update-TWRP-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140612.zip
    One file named update-CWM-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140317.zip

If you have all those, make sure they all are complete downloads. If you do, try re-downloading the update-TWRP-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140612.zip one, which is the last link in step 2.
    I tried what u said but, it says:
    "ERROR: unrecognized/unsupported zip 'update-CWM-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140317.zip'
    ERROR: 1 unrecognized/unsupported zip files
    ERROR: Checking Install ZIP files. Aborting."

Oh yo yo... there's a demon inside...oh yo yo...just like Jekyll 'n Hyde...

Guys! WebOS app catalog shuts down TOMORROW (Jan. 15)!! Is this the end of the WebOS era on Tanked??

Quotable quotes:

Selling HTB Seeds 5/WL in vending at B2SEEDS

I had the same problem. The issue is that the update-CWM-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140317.zip is missing the install package.

I followed Slammin's instructions by replacing it with cm-11-20141125-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin.zip which will be about 180 mb (iirc). Here is the full list of Slammin's files that worked for me.

TPToolbox-2014-08-10-v41

cm-11-20141125-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin.zip
    gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip
    update-TWRP-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140612.zip

Turns out they changed the Toolbox slightly. I have updated the links to reflect the new sources.

Sorry for the confusion.

Post OK, BUT...

Quote Originally Posted by Gsound View Post
    I had the same problem. The issue is that the update-CWM-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140317.zip is missing the install package.

I followed Slammin's instructions by replacing it with cm-11-20141125-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin.zip which will be about 180 mb (iirc). Here is the full list of Slammin's files that worked for me.
    I know that now... But, will I be able to use Skype on the TP after I change it to Android

Talking THANKS Y'ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Gsound View Post

Yay! It works for me now!

One question: How do I take a screenshot?

Oh yo yo... there's a demon inside...oh yo yo...just like Jekyll 'n Hyde...

Yay! It works for me now!

One question: How do I take a screenshot?
    On Touchpad, you press the home button and the power button at the same time.

Quotable quotes:

Selling HTB Seeds 5/WL in vending at B2SEEDS

Default IT worked after a few hours of fiddling!!

HP Touchpad 32

So it took me awhile to reinstall novacom but then

I followed the instructions using the links that were provided 2-1-2015

My mistakes were:

Make sure that you have it is bootie / restores mode NOT dev mode etc. etc...this took me awhile to figure out
    and the results were the tp toolbox would not fire. Oh, and the tp toolbox must be, in my case, unzipped to fire, I could see the individual files but until i unzipped them it seemed to not fire.
    gh too try this you must have some guts...

I followed the instructions on copying the other three files but....be sure to download those files ahead of time and copy the zip files into a easy to access (desktop) folder. I did not

When I came time to copy the files I made some errors. First, I downloaded the listed files but I did not copy them into the FOLDER as instructed I copied them into the touchpad icon. You musty do as instructed and copy them into the actual tp toolbox folder, otherwise when you fire off the install, the machine will say it cannot find the files....

Secondly, you copy the entire zip files (3 of them) TP toolbox looks for the zip files....I unziped the files and copied the results over and it was a **** storm as there were many files with same names etc. etc...needless to say it was a FAIL...

I had to reboot and start over which was surprisingly easy given how screwed up i got it....

But after finally folowing instructions and watching the thing fire up, I will say the HP Touchpad is a thing of beauty! IT works perfectly, it is fast, clean and I love the **** out of it!

I did take a lool at upgrading the OS to a more recent version but I am waiting on that until I get more sued to Android...

So thanks! I really appreciate this thread. Touchpad not dead, new life has been found and we are all happy in Denver!!

Aw, I dont have the HP touch pad, Freakin money money money

You're not missing out on anything iCuto.

Angry I AM

I am done I do not have a computer so I'm just goin to buy a android!
    Check out my YouTube Channel to see gameplay!: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzo...xF6DlVGL23Ohcw

Question hmmm...

Even though this method has made my tablet much more worth having, there still is one teensy bit of a problem. You see ever since I installed android on my HP Touchpad, my battery dies down in seconds. So, blenderite, can you tell me how to remove webOS? (I USED DUAL BOOT)β˜ΊπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜€πŸ˜

Exclamation REPLY!

Blender, pls hurry and provide help!

Blender, pls hurry and provide help!
    It's simple. Do a backup of your Android install (google will tell you how to do this), and then copy the backup folder to a safe location (aka not on your Touchpad), then redo the install process, but choose to overwrite WebOS (step 5, choose option A instead of option B).

Then restore the backup that you created, and you will be back to where you where, except without WebOS. Good luck!

Default ....

It's simple. Do a backup of your Android install (google will tell you how to do this), and then copy the backup folder to a safe location (aka not on your Touchpad), then redo the install process, but choose to overwrite WebOS (step 5, choose option A instead of option B).

Then restore the backup that you created, and you will be back to where you where, except without WebOS. Good luck!
    How will google tell me?

Just one question, can I use the wifi on the touchpad after install this, because I install CM 11 and 12 and my wifi never get active, any suggestions??

thxs in advance