Thread: Lord of the Rings

I loved LOTR! It was amazing, I can't wait for the DVD to come out. After re-seeing it again at the dollar theater, before the movie there were ads-n-stuff and one of them said that in the LOTR movie, when Sam and Frodo come to the Scarecrow (I.E. Sam's farthest point away from home) You can see a car driving in the backgroud. Did anybody else see it? It is in the far backgroud in the top right portion of the screen during the last cut of the scarecrow part. You see a fast moving bright thingy follew by a fast-growing white cloud. Also, right when everybody, excluding Gandalf for well-known reasons..., come out of the caves of Moria, and the camera does a fly-by the scene wasn't matched up with the CG of the group running out of the caves because if you watch the elf-dude's feet... they kind of float and slide as he is slowing down, then he starts to slide standing strait up. Not that I am complaining, it's just a wierd fact I happened to notice while watching it again. LOTR Rules!!! Im still gawking at the vast scenery.
    I also couldn't help but notice in the preview for the Two Towers after the movie, Gollum seemed to have a Star Trek like Picard hair thingy going for him. You know, the half there, bald on top white look? Maybe Im just seeing things... Sh-yeah the Ents are going to be in the next movie!!
    \" Destroy your Enemy by making him your Friend \"

I'm not sure this has anything to do with RTSOFT
    Favourite Quote - \"MARGE! PASS THE BEER: Homor Simpson\"

It doesn't. But if you want this forum going you have to go with things some people might actually reply to.
    \" Destroy your Enemy by making him your Friend \"

Lesser Knight

Mike, you must have quite an eye for detail... I certainly didn't notice any cars...

Ya I heard about the car, and i think the white blob in the upper right was a car...but in all honesty, on those crappy reels you can't see something like that...if it was in a high definition crazy new-fangled theater that doesn't use reels, you might be able to tell...

But about the CG being weird...ya never noticed that..and the elf dude? You mean legolas? You did read the books...right?

I dunno, I have, and I liked the movie, even though a lot of people that have read em didn't like the movie because they didn't include a lot of details.

While i agree that some more details could have been added, just little things, more info to make it more accurate, and also more of a standalone for people that haven't read the books, I don't think it was bad. I mean, I'd have loved it more if it was like 6 hours long with an intermission, and it covered EVERYTHING, but still it was excelent.

I loved it, I cannot wait for the 4 (?) DVD set!

yes LOTR was one of the best movies ever. there was a car, you can't really see it clearly but the sun shines off it.

i'm certain it deserved best picture at the oscars but because a beautiful mind was done by americans they couldn't have it getting beaten by a kiwi made film.

the movie is not as good as the book, but novels made into films rarely are.

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]i'm certain it deserved best picture at the oscars but because a beautiful mind was done by americans they couldn't have it getting beaten by a kiwi made film.
    Yeah, there was a lot of talk about that. I think it's just that there are three movies and all three will probably get nominated. I think it was a though decision and the judges thought LotR would win next year anyway...

...Yep, you've probably guessed that I'm from NZ.

Thumbs up

Yeah, LOTR is a great film. Except, the huge orc monster/boss (?) in the final fight of the movie is kind of corny... hmm still a great movie. I've heard that the DVD will have an hour's worth of unseen footage!