Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Can I be a moderator?

Default FAQ: Can I be a moderator?

Since a lot of players ask about being and becoming a moderator, I’m posting the answers here.

The first and most important thing to remember is, according to the Tanked rules (accessible in the game by typing /rules), do not ask to become a moderator; wait to be asked. Players that beg to become a moderator are not showing the maturity that we look for when searching for new moderators.

Secondly, it’s important to keep in mind that there are lots of players that want to be moderator and many that may qualify, but very few are actually needed in the first place. So just because you may qualify doesn’t mean you will be asked. Don’t take it personally.

Third, there are several things everyone can do that help moderate the game:

• Reporting players that break the rules (screenshots are especially helpful)
    • Keeping a clean record yourself and helping other players do the same
    • Helping new players and answering questions about Tanked

Players that do all of the above make some of the best candidates for any future moderator positions.

Finally, keep in mind being moderator is not a status symbol, it is work. And sometimes it keeps us real busy- at times we get more messages than we can keep up with. You can help lighten the load by following these guidelines (particularly points one, four, and five) that were posted in the Growtopia forums.

Update: Can I be a mod if I was muted before? Probably not, but I won't say never. Ultimately it is up to the judgment of Seth and the moderators.

Default ???

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Since a lot of players ask about being and becoming a moderator, Iím posting the answers here.

The first and most important thing to remember is, according to the Tanked rules (accessible in the game by typing /rules), do not ask to become a moderator; wait to be asked. Players that beg to become a moderator are not showing the maturity that we look for when searching for new moderators.

Secondly, itís important to keep in mind that there are lots of players that want to be moderator and many that may qualify, but very few are actually needed in the first place. So just because you may qualify doesnxít mean you will be asked. Donít take it personally.

Third, there are several things everyone can do that help moderate the game:

• Reporting players that break the rules (screenshots are especially helpful)
    • Keeping a clean record yourself and helping other players do the same
    • Helping new players and answering questions about Tanked

Players that do all of the above make some of the best candidates for any future moderator positions.

Finally, keep in mind being moderator is not a status symbol, it is work. And sometimes it keeps us real busy- at times we get more messages than we can keep up with. You can help lighten the load by following these guidelines (particularly points one, four, and five) that were posted in the Growtopia forums.

what if you were muted before? Is it still possible to become a mod?

Quote Originally Posted by momo View Post
    what if you were muted before? Is it still possible to become a mod?
    Yeah I'm wondering about that too. Can't people change into a good person or is it like once a thief, always a thief?
    What comes around, goes around. What comes around, goes around. What comes around, goes around.

My Growtopian username is DiamondX

Check out my Guides!
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...ide-to-Trading
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...t=golden+ratio
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...112-Tank-Guide
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...Profit-Quickly

Lesser Wizard

I think no but if you got muted or banned for a misunderstanding maybe yes
    King of the Skulls

-Retired

Default That is unfair to many...

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    I think no but if you got muted or banned for a misunderstanding maybe yes
    Think of it like this, if you got banned or muted then that doesn't mean that you can't change, maybe you have learned your lesson. People change over time, some become mature and some still bad. If you don't believe in second chances then there is something wrong with you, if you got banned or muted several times then that's a problem. I am tell from what I think, if you don't agree with me that's okay too. I have changed, I don't swear as much or I don't act like my old self, this change has happened when I stopped playing tanked. I am not tell you guys to stop playing tanked, I am just telling you guys to be social, and nice, and very energetic. Don't do anything bad that will make you banned or muted. It's really had to achieve the moderator position if you get muted or banned. I never wanted to be a mod, because I already knew I was a mod. That is because observing and identifying people that are doing something suspicious, tells you that you also are a mod, by finding out the people doing something illegal, and reporting them appropriately. There is nothing wrong with wishing to become a mod, but don't wish till it becomes annoying. Many people want to become a mod, like junior said, but this issue has gone out of control. You will know when you can become a mod, but of you know that you are a person that can't handle the mod position then stop wishing to become a mod, and try to change your lifestyle. Maybe that way if could help you in life.
    The king of demons is here.

Master Sorcerer

Why do u always write long posts like that? Nobody likes to read ones like that
    6 yellows, 2 oranges, 6 lasers = 1.02 million cp

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by MrExecution View Post
    Why do u always write long posts like that? Nobody likes to read ones like that
    That is because they are explanatory, I put all my opinions, instead of making 20 original posts, sharing one at a time to make it shorter. I like to discuss about all my thoughts, instead of just describing one. I am sorry for those who dont like to read long posts. It shows how lazy you people, are. Who knows, it might give you new information, but people don't read because they are long posts, that's hilarious.

I think this a cool thread. Now I can look what requirements are 24/7 now! Instead of memorizing them. Thank Junior for this thread!
    YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING IF YOU PUT YOUR EFFORT AND MIND INTO IT! (I am Zackery459)

Quote Originally Posted by demonkid View Post
    Think of it like this, if you got banned or muted then that doesn't mean that you can't change, maybe you have learned your lesson. People change over time, some become mature and some still bad. If you don't believe in second chances then there is something wrong with you, if you got banned or muted several times then that's a problem. I am tell from what I think, if you don't agree with me that's okay too. I have changed, I don't swear as much or I don't act like my old self, this change has happened when I stopped playing tanked. I am not tell you guys to stop playing tanked, I am just telling you guys to be social, and nice, and very energetic. Don't do anything bad that will make you banned or muted. It's really had to achieve the moderator position if you get muted or banned. I never wanted to be a mod, because I already knew I was a mod. That is because observing and identifying people that are doing something suspicious, tells you that you also are a mod, by finding out the people doing something illegal, and reporting them appropriately. There is nothing wrong with wishing to become a mod, but don't wish till it becomes annoying. Many people want to become a mod, like junior said, but this issue has gone out of control. You will know when you can become a mod, but of you know that you are a person that can't handle the mod position then stop wishing to become a mod, and try to change your lifestyle. Maybe that way if could help you in life.
    Hmm. We will let them decide whether or not something is wrong with you if you do not accept second chances. That isn't your decision to make, the makers of the game and its appropriate Moderators will decide that for themselves.

A pretty declarative opinion, but an opinion nonetheless, a players opinion.
    No Matter How Many Fish Are In The Sea, IT WILL BE SO EMPTY WITHOUT ME!

Default >>>

Quote Originally Posted by AquaWhale View Post
    Hmm. We will let them decide whether or not something is wrong with you if you do not accept second chances. That isn't your decision to make, the makers of the game and its appropriate Moderators will decide that for themselves.

A pretty declarative opinion, but an opinion nonetheless, a players opinion.
    Well, I believe in second chances, look Aqua, I know you pretty well, when you used to swear, when the rules weren't that strict. You changed didn't you? Just like that I am saying that people can change and I think people should get second chances, after all your an example for this situation, many people say that you should become a mod, but that is only because you changed over time. Or else people wouldn't tell you to be a mod.

That is because they are explanatory, I put all my opinions, instead of making 20 original posts, sharing one at a time to make it shorter. I like to discuss about all my thoughts, instead of just describing one. I am sorry for those who dont like to read long posts. It shows how lazy you people, are. Who knows, it might give you new information, but people don't read because they are long posts, that's hilarious.
    Well if you're going to write long posts like that, at least break it into paragraphs so it's easier for us to read. Next I think your post is hilarious(as you said at the end) because you didn't even bother revising for proper grammar and spelling contractions correctly and yet you call us lazy. You can't even revise what you wrote! Second of all, the overall tone of it is cocky, like a know-it-all. If you're gonna give us "sage" advice, at least make it so we don't have to be offended from what you wrote.
    What comes around, goes around. What comes around, goes around. What comes around, goes around.

Check out my Guides!

Master Sorcerer

i dont think grammar really matters on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by MrExecution View Post
    i dont think grammar really matters on the internet
    That's not the point. My point is he's calling people lazy just because they're "lazy" because they don't want to read long posts while he can't correct his mistakes.

Check out my Guides!

Default I see.

Well, I believe in second chances, look Aqua, I know you pretty well, when you used to swear, when the rules weren't that strict. You changed didn't you? Just like that I am saying that people can change and I think people should get second chances, after all your an example for this situation, many people say that you should become a mod, but that is only because you changed over time. Or else people wouldn't tell you to be a mod.
    Yes, as you made pretty clear in your detailed 20 line opinionated post. However, (as you may or may not know) what you may believe is right/wrong, and the actual reality/what is/what is to come, are very much separated. Let the power positions/appropriate persons (maker of game, Moderators) make all of the final decisions.

Give your opinion, yes. But just know that it is an opinion, worthless in "say" as to the rules/decisions of the, as all of our opinions are.*

Just letting it be put into words so all can see and understand. Nothing personal, or "VS" anyone.

*(Point being; Moderators, don't (necessarily) feel obligated or convicted to do something that is mentioned by me or anyone else here or anywhere on forums. You are in control, and can, must and will decide what is appropriate/right in situations as these, using your God-given reason and logic, as you were given the responsibility and power to do so in this great game. BIG thanks to all of you, your work and time are very much appreciated!!)
    No Matter How Many Fish Are In The Sea, IT WILL BE SO EMPTY WITHOUT ME!

Sup nightmare!! I obviously know you already but still... Welcome to tanked!! I could teach you. But just giving you a warning since you will be a rank white peeps are going to call you a noob sometimes...
    YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING IF YOU PUT YOUR EFFORT AND MIND INTO IT! (I am Zackery459)

Default Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by INightmareI View Post
    This thread is interesting. This should be reposted in the Growtopian forums, so much questions/similar issues about this has been posted lately. Thanks for posting it, Junior.

@Demonkid
    Your opinion is well, but I agree with Aqua. Some people don't change for themselves, but they pretend to change so they can be what they want to be.

I believe devs do give secound chances, but they don't say it. People would expect to be forgiven after they do a wrong thing and won't learn from it, and that's not right.

There's a guy who used to be a scammer, and now in Growtopia, he's well respected because he changed and now deals with scammers quite well.

ps. I'm not a Tanked player, but I'm thinking of joining it perhaps. I just found this thread and thought it was quite interesting. Nice to meet you all
    I know it's not our decision to chose who gets a second choice are not, but I wish there were second chances, Example: Kevinzhu he got banned and he came back, now look he isn't doing anything wrong. He changed, so did I and so did many others. Chosing for a mod is just a matter of opinion, it's not in our hands.

Wanting to be a mod isn't enough, you have to get the feeling that you are perfect and fit to be a mod. That doesn't mean that you have to ask the mods, obviously Their answer is going to be no, or we will think about it.

If you have the feeling that your fit to be a mod, then wait for it, if you got banned or muted, they say that you can't be a mod... Everyone knows bad words, but they just don't say it. How about if we changed, and we don't swear or transfer cp, or any of those bad things, can you still be a mod? That is wat I mean about second chances.

I also don't care about grammar when I am typing in forums.

Master Sorcerer

why cant everyone just stop asking about being a mod, the ones we have r fine and if they want more, theyll pick someone

Well the people who ask didn't or don't know what it means to be a mod. they just wanna MUTE, BAN etc. They wanna ban ppl they dunno like and not the ppl who really deserve it.
    Example: divij wanted to ban sum1 and ordered greaser into the tavern to make him a mod!
    eek, thats not cool, huh?
    Watch me play Tanked:
    NEW CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtNm9RSoslZnFayXZOhZLIw
    OLD CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNlvMLLR6XM

Beware, I love trolling!

I've gotten a little inactive on tanked lately, and since I see no webOS-kickout, there will be no comeback.
    In Growtopia I'm around as the fabulouzz Psychoman.
    See you there! Meet me in my World MRLAVA or in my farm, TEQUILAFARM.

Master Sorcerer

I got muted once or twice before, but that's when I was a noob and stupid. I hope that doesn't ruin my chances

Default ???

Quote Originally Posted by badboy View Post
    I got muted once or twice before, but that's when I was a noob and stupid. I hope that doesn't ruin my chances
    That's what we need to know, if someone got muted could they still become a mod? The mods haven't answered this question I think. Hope this gets figured out soon.