Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Can I be a moderator?

Oh yo yo... there's a demon inside...oh yo yo...just like Jekyll 'n Hyde...

Quote Originally Posted by MrExecution View Post
    i dont think grammar really matters on the internet
    NOt on toodays' sosiety lol.

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by badboy View Post
    I got muted once or twice before, but that's when I was a noob and stupid. I hope that doesn't ruin my chances
    yes and no so 50/50 if you showed that you change then you still have a chance

Quote Originally Posted by shodeshinfo View Post
    Why do u always write long posts like that? Nobody likes to read ones like that
    The really mature and cool and awesome people like reading that and post long answers where people like you would ragequit.
    Watch me play Tanked:
    NEW CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtNm9RSoslZnFayXZOhZLIw
    OLD CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNlvMLLR6XM

Beware, I love trolling!

I've gotten a little inactive on tanked lately, and since I see no webOS-kickout, there will be no comeback.
    In Growtopia I'm around as the fabulouzz Psychoman.
    See you there! Meet me in my World MRLAVA or in my farm, TEQUILAFARM.

Talking no

Quote Originally Posted by InYourFACE View Post
    The really mature and cool and awesome people like reading that and post long answers where people like you would ragequit.
    Hi I AM FROM. THE TANKED GAME DO U GUYS KNW MELODYTAN OR TAKOYAKI MY NAME IS ASHELY DO ANY OF U PPL KNW ME SAY HI

Squire

Post you might get lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Since a lot of players ask about being and becoming a moderator, Iím posting the answers here.

The first and most important thing to remember is, according to the Tanked rules (accessible in the game by typing /rules), do not ask to become a moderator; wait to be asked. Players that beg to become a moderator are not showing the maturity that we look for when searching for new moderators.

Secondly, itís important to keep in mind that there are lots of players that want to be moderator and many that may qualify, but very few are actually needed in the first place. So just because you may qualify doesnít mean you will be asked. Donít take it personally.

Third, there are several things everyone can do that help moderate the game:

• Reporting players that break the rules (screenshots are especially helpful)
    • Keeping a clean record yourself and helping other players do the same
    • Helping new players and answering questions about Tanked

Players that do all of the above make some of the best candidates for any future moderator positions.

Finally, keep in mind being moderator is not a status symbol, it is work. And sometimes it keeps us real busy- at times we get more messages than we can keep up with. You can help lighten the load by following these guidelines (particularly points one, four, and five) that were posted in the Growtopia forums.

Update: Can I be a mod if I was muted before? Probably not, but I won't say never. Ultimately it is up to the judgment of Seth and the moderators.
    Like he said follow those guide lines and there's a lot better chance you'll become a mod if you don't want to be a mod,that's fine, but if u get the chance to become one, don't abuse those powers and you'll have a lot more fun being one and always play fair and remember that there are people in the game who might think 'hey that mod is acting very nice to others, so mybie if I play like him I can become a mod' now not everyone will think that, but that's an example but if you abuse your mod powers, then this is what they will think,'hey look how he's acting, everyone is saying be nice and stuff but that's a mod and yes bieng mean' because then that's one more scammer so remember, if you want to become a mod, act like you want to and be a good example and help out.

The only bad thing I did was, swearing because of auto-correct from my phone. If I type "Fudge" it turns into the F word.

But anyways, this is a good thread. This should be "copied" to the Growtopia Forums.

EDIT: Mind if I post this into the Growtopia Forums? Or should a mod post this when they can?

Quote Originally Posted by ASHELY View Post
    Hi I AM FROM. THE TANKED GAME DO U GUYS KNW MELODYTAN OR TAKOYAKI MY NAME IS ASHELY DO ANY OF U PPL KNW ME SAY HI
    I do know you. I know you threatening a noob by saying "Hello, IM A MOD. Be nice or I ban."
    Last edited by LeDevourer#2; 07-19-2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Typos
    My signature vv

im just now downloading tanked , i hope its as good as it sounds!

Quote Originally Posted by WARMAKER View Post
    im just now downloading tanked , i hope its as good as it sounds!
    If you want me to teach you, just message me ingame. my name ingame is bohne.
    Watch me play Tanked:

Beware, I love trolling!

I've gotten a little inactive on tanked lately, and since I see no webOS-kickout, there will be no comeback.

Yeah I'm wondering about that too. Can't people change into a good person or is it like once a thief...

Default why

Why u want to be mod why u dont want to enjoy the game because when u will be mod u cant play as much as u want because u must work and play (my first time that i do not much orthography mistakes )

Okay, great thread Junior I must say, is this in the Growtopia Forums yet? If so, somebody, maybe me should/will post it.

Also, after reading all of these comments about your chances gone and such, I would like to say something. If you want to be a Moderator for the sake of being a Moderator and the powers they recieve, then you want to be one for all the wrong reasons. "With great power, comes great responsibility" That saying comes into mind and fits the topic well.
    But, however, if you want to be a Moderator to help, that is great, but the simple thing is, you don't have to be a Moderator to help, simply help. You can help without being a Moderator, such as:
    -Reporting/Taking a Screenshot of inappropriate words.
    -Telling them to abide by the rules, I simply tell them if their language is bad that they used an inappropriate word(s) and ask them to please refrain from doing so in the future.
    -If you suspect Career Points Transference or Coin Transference, PM A Moderator, in the game, or here via the Forums, to keep a close eye on the player you suspect.
    -Help new players, with Tips,Tricks,Advice and Answers to their Questions.
    -Play fairly, do not be a cheat or a saw loser, play to win and win to play. You don't need to win every game. I like to say "Don't think of it as a loss, but an experience to learn".

There are many more ways to help, without being a Moderator, so if you really would like to help, then do so.

~Jack Bowe

The problem with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowe View Post
    Okay, great thread Junior I must say, is this in the Growtopia Forums yet? If so, somebody, maybe me should/will post it.

Also, after reading all of these comments about your chances gone and such, I would like to say something. If you want to be a Moderator for the sake of being a Moderator and the powers they recieve, then you want to be one for all the wrong reasons. "With great power, comes great responsibility" That saying comes into mind and fits the topic well.
    But, however, if you want to be a Moderator to help, that is great, but the simple thing is, you don't have to be a Moderator to help, simply help. You can help without being a Moderator, such as:
    -Reporting/Taking a Screenshot of inappropriate words.
    -Telling them to abide by the rules, I simply tell them if their language is bad that they used an inappropriate word(s) and ask them to please refrain from doing so in the future.
    -If you suspect Career Points Transference or Coin Transference, PM A Moderator, in the game, or here via the Forums, to keep a close eye on the player you suspect.
    -Help new players, with Tips,Tricks,Advice and Answers to their Questions.
    -Play fairly, do not be a cheat or a saw loser, play to win and win to play. You don't need to win every game. I like to say "Don't think of it as a loss, but an experience to learn".

There are many more ways to help, without being a Moderator, so if you really would like to help, then do so.

~Jack Bowe
    DUDE!! can u right less after reading this paragraphSSS I went blind

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skullking View Post
    WRITE srry for the misspell
    The One and Only Legend SKULL!

Quote Originally Posted by skullking View Post

- - - Updated - - -

WRITE srry for the misspell
    I like to do long posts, to give people more of an insight, and if you mean Paragraphs by "paragraphSSS" it would be reading "these" paragraphs.
    Long posts make people have more of an insight to what you are explaining, and makes it easier to understand, it is better to do this than make useless posts with 1 word and such, If you are going blind by reading this, I suggest buying Glasses, not a Joke, if you are joking, then, no, don't get Glasses.

If you don't want to read my long posts, then don't you don't have to, just an option to absorb my insight on the situation.

~Jack Bowe

The problem with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowe View Post
    I like to do long posts, to give people more of an insight, and if you mean Paragraphs by "paragraphSSS" it would be reading "these" paragraphs.
    Long posts make people have more of an insight to what you are explaining, and makes it easier to understand, it is better to do this than make useless posts with 1 word and such, If you are going blind by reading this, I suggest buying Glasses, not a Joke, if you are joking, then, no, don't get Glasses.

If you don't want to read my long posts, then don't you don't have to, just an option to absorb my insight on the situation.

~Jack Bowe
    He was exaggerating the word "paragraphs"...Your thoughts are interesting.

Oh yo yo... there's a demon inside...oh yo yo...just like Jekyll 'n Hyde...

Quote Originally Posted by ASHELY View Post
    Oh yea, you're Ashely AT. I remember you back from the spring. Yea, Melody and Tako still come on every now and then, but not like they used too. I think school started for them.

Quotable quotes:

Selling HTB Seeds 5/WL in vending at B2SEEDS

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Oh yea, you're Ashely AT. I remember you back from the spring. Yea, Melody and Tako still come on every now and then, but not like they used too. I think school started for them.
    Tako is permamuted and mel...idk banned maybe.
    Watch me play Tanked:

Beware, I love trolling!

Yeah like the time I got duct-taped for asking a quiestion of why a guy talks about inappropriate stuff so much, and I got duct-taped for TWO HOURS? I think two hours is a little to much for a quiestion! Does that ruin my chances......

Whoever's the owner of the white
    Sedan, you left your lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by Timewarper
    You can drink Lava, but only once.

Exclamation

Coming from a LONG WAY (1st page) i'm gonna offer my opinion. Once a thief, always a thief is an overstatement. However, people can't just learn their lesson. Say one guy gets muted for 24 hours, and as soon as he can talk again, he becomes a mod. Even though that is an exaggeration (huge one), people need to prove themselves. I never gave up on my dream to become a mod, because I have my own foundation. I got muted in a mass muting on a certain night, where there were at least 8 confirmed mutings. But enough with the back story. From there, I have tried my best to prove myself to the super mods by helping others and warning them so that they don't get muted/banned. I also help people on the forums. Mods need to be more wary of people like me and there history. New mods only come like once a year, but never give up. Also, never ask to be a mod, since that will worsen your chances of being a mod. You need to PROVE YOURSELF if you want to be a mod. And never give up on your dream, even if you have been muted. You need to prove yourself *echo* *echo*.......

- megaman01
    Tanked: megaman01

Growtopia : (Retired) megaman01 (visit Thingo)

Default A new moderator

I have tried to post this before, and it didn't work.
    If you are ever in need of another moderator, I nominate P-FUNK.
    He is mature and well suited for moderating
    I know he wouldn't go power crazy or anything.

I DONT HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT IT
    Last edited by shirleysteitz; 11-05-2014 at 09:02 AM.