Thread: Am i missing something?

I've read a few walkthroughs when i got stuck and they all say, for example, on the island of dragons and humans kill the dragons then buy the axes for 3000, but i dont have anything near that kind of money... i killed loads of beasts and burned many a tree but i still dont have a whole lot... i even got to the island with the big pile of gold and 4 potions. is there any other big deposits of cash i'm missing? I'm stuck now because i cant afford the fire bow... and i never got the bow lore thing either because i couldnt afford it. i assume i missed out on some big payouts somewhere along the way. please help!

Lesser Knight

Sorry that noone replied to you for three weeks. I'm hoping that you've overcome your problem (and hoping you didn't abandon the game&#33, but just in case you need some help still I'll reply.

I can't think of much; there are some hidden chests here and there that offer 500 gold or a random amount of gold, but that's about as good as you get with hidden money. Accruing money will take some time at first. Kill plenty of boncas, and if your strength and health permit, kill slayers and stone giants too since they drop tons of gold. I pumped all of my stat points into strength the last time I played through the game for the sole purpose of being able to kill things that much more quickly.

Also, if you think buying the normal sword, then the claw sword, then the light sword is wasting money, I'd have to disagree. Upgrading to each higher type of sword, while expensive, provides just enough strength boost to make a big difference when roaming about and killing beasties.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force, ten times the action, total hardcore.

Or .. you can go to the giant ducks isle and play a game with the second giant duck you see. It's a betting game where 2 ducks fights and you must bet 50, 100 or 200 coins on a duck you want .. duck nš 1 or duck nš2 .. I got my flamebow by playing that game .. I managed to have something like 9999 coins .. anyway .. I have a doubt about Dink Smallwood game .. on that city where they worship the "eating" ducks lol .. there's a talking tree .. what's it's purpose ? is it only to say us which stone to blow on the duck sanct ? thanks for any reply on this ...

Squire

Yes. It gives you a hint - "There is a stone with a crack in it" Dont remeber anything more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post
    Yes. It gives you a hint - "There is a stone with a crack in it" Dont remeber anything more.
    i kill stone beasts but i can only kill 1 at a time beacuase they do like 20 damage every hit so i kill slayers and thoose things that whack you with there tail

Quote Originally Posted by zol View Post
    i kill stone beasts but i can only kill 1 at a time beacuase they do like 20 damage every hit so i kill slayers and thoose things that whack you with there tail
    im going to go on dink smallwood right now