Thread: IP Address Checking

Knight

Someone recently made a lot of fake accounts on my FQ game from IP address 68.44.94.153 (a NJ Comcast DSL account).

I would like to suggest that the IP blocking functionality in FQ be enhanced to prevent multiple user creation from the same IP address, not just multiple logins per day from the same IP address.

Hmm, I agree.

Should be a simple thing to add. Thanks.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Knight

Thanks Seth! I appreciate your dedication to improving FQ.

that would be stupid because i am currently saving up to pay for a server licence so i can make a fq site for my class and we all have the same ip address

Knight

Quote Originally Posted by File Sponge View Post
    I would like to suggest that the IP blocking functionality in FQ be enhanced to prevent multiple user creation from the same IP address, not just multiple logins per day from the same IP address.
    Quote Originally Posted by gearguy View Post
    that would be stupid because i am currently saving up to pay for a server licence so i can make a fq site for my class and we all have the same ip address
    If indeed you will have more than one person playing from the same IP address, then you may find it helpful to look under Options > Server Setup and uncheck the box for "One Player Per IP Per Day". My original comment about enhancing the IP blocking functionality does not in any way affect your ability to allow everyone in your class to play from the same IP address.

now all i need is $30 and a new energy efisient (sorry cant spell) pc so i dont have to pay my mum + dad to have it on all day.or i could bribe the teacher to let me use one of the class pcs