Thread: New Day Text

Knight

Hi, I posted this last year and didn't get a reply. I thought 10 months was a fair amount of time to wait before re-posting it!

When a player is online and a new day occurs, text displays that says "You're eyes grow heavy. You wake up the next morning, still at your desk."

Does anyone know where this text is located? I would really like to edit it, but can't find it. I've tried doing text searches in all the files in the FQ folder but still can't find this line.

Lesser Wizard

If I had to guess (and I do), I'd say that's probably hard-coded in the flash source code.

I don't know of anyone besides Seth who can compile the Flash and produce a stable .swf file.

Perhaps I'll have a dig-around tonight to see if I can find that.

UPDATE

I lied. That text is in the FQServer.exe. It's hard coded into the server, not the client. Bummer dude.

You could write your own FQ server and use the flash client. :-D
    I tried to do that once. It sucked. I figured out most of the protocol, but really, I found the excerise mostly pointless.

Knight

Never underestimate the power of the hex editor! I don't know why I didn't think to look in the fqserver.exe file before. Thanks for the info!