Thread: I want to create my own mobile app/game

Default I want to create my own mobile app/game

Hi, where do I start if I want to create my own mobile app? I have lots of ideas for useful apps and interesting games, but I'm not a hardcore programmmer.

Quote Originally Posted by anchorsaway View Post
    Hi, where do I start if I want to create my own mobile app? I have lots of ideas for useful apps and interesting games, but I'm not a hardcore programmmer.
    So do you want to make it alone? Or do you just want to be director/ designer?
    Also whats your budget?

Its always good to have more than 1 person when doing this. If you were going for an online game it is very difficult even if you know how to program correctly.

IGN = Maven

Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    Its always good to have more than 1 person when doing this. If you were going for an online game it is very difficult even if you know how to program correctly.
    Seth did pretty much all the coding for Growtopia, with Hamumu's assistance. Hamumu did mostly just the art.
    its just a prank bro

If your a programming beginner download Scratch, a free program you can download.

Planning to make an offline game? Download Game Salad, the easiest way to make your game!

Online games require a lot of work. I suggest you learn some programming languages before you start. Remember this isn't something you will accomplish over night. Take it from there; it should take you a good 2-3 months itself to excel in a language (at least for me it did).

It is very simple to create mobile app/game. I have had a few emails this week from some app makers that have asked me why I think that it is a good idea to create an Android game app for an existing business

No I don't necessarily need or want to do it by myself just trying to figure out if there's a decent company out there I can look to for assistance. I have a pretty decent budget for it so money really isn't an issue.

I read an article on Forbes about a mobile app developer and app creation software called Xamarin, but again I'm not really familiar with developers and which are good or not but I will definitely check out GameSalad too because I think I read about them as well.

No I don't necessarily need or want to do it by myself just trying to figure out if there's a decent company out there I can look to for assistance. I have a pretty decent budget for it so money really isn't an issue.

I read an article on Forbes about a mobile app developer and app creation software called Xamarin, but again I'm not really familiar with developers and which are good or not but I will definitely check out GameSalad too because I think I read about them as well.
    So you are really looking to direct a game? Choose an engine and hire people

Depending on your idea I could direct you to the right people.

Hey, I like how growtopia probably inspired you to make a game. Unfortunately, as easy of it seems, making your own app is very hard. First of all, you have to be 18+. Also, making the game script takes hours. Third, you have to have at least $2000 Budget or more for publishing the app and advertising.
    I Am The First Pack Ever To Be In Gt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst Stavro Blofeld View Post
    You Only Live Twice Mr. Bond

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PacksForAll View Post
    Hey, I like how growtopia probably inspired you to make a game. Unfortunately, as easy of it seems, making your own app is very hard. First of all, you have to be 18+. Also, making the game script takes hours. Third, you have to have at least $2000 Budget or more for publishing the app and advertising.
    Why do you have to be 18+? Also, $2000 Budget for publishing the app and advertising? I would only consider that amount of money handy if you are doing a joint project with other people and need to pay them.

Also, about age, I am puzzled as to why you say that...

Quote Originally Posted by PacksForAll View Post
    you have to be 18+. Also, making the game script takes hours. Third, you have to have at least $2000 Budget or more for publishing the app and advertising.
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

I started when I was ten.
    Hours? So what? "Ugh doing what I want and love to do takes hourrrrs"
    2000$? I made a weird web page about cookies for free (when I was ten) and made tons of games (generally small) and programs (like a starbound mod creator) with a 40$ program. (Also capable of creating apps)