Thread: Submit Code to Clanlib

Default Submit Code to Clanlib

During the past two days I've needed to create a SceneManager system for clanlib. It's a generic class set which supports a Photoshop layer like system. It can be loaded manually, or loaded from XML and saved to XML.

There is a layer class, which is derived from a surface. And there is an layerobject class, derived from a sprite. You can add as many sprites to the layer as needed, and at render time these are composited onto the layer surface. Then finally there is the scenemanger class which manages the layers. At render time the layers are composited onto the final scene surface.

I would like to submit this code to the Clanlib project so others might find this code useful. I can't be certain the code is bug-free, of course, and I'm sure there are many ways it could be improved. However, would the clanlib team be interested in this? If so, Let me know how to submit it.

Thanks.

ClanLib Developer

I think the easiest way is to have a page/list on clanlib.org of "compatible" libraries; user-submitted features doesn't neccessarily fit in to the Core ClanLib classes.

In this list you could have a short description what it does, and where to download it. That way you can maintain it, upgrade it, and provide documentation as you see fit.

Of course someone would have to maintain this list, and for that we need volunteers

http://www.alanthorn.net/clanlib/

No doubt there will be some bugs, please feel free to correct as appropriate.

Excellent.

I agree about needing to get this on ClanLib org, for now, I've put a section on the links page and added this there.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies