Thread: CL_PixelBuffer::get_pixel() weird results...

A city called Loviisa, in southern Finland, Europe.

Post CL_PixelBuffer::get_pixel() weird results...

I have attached a screenshot of a strange result when using the function CL_PixelBuffer::get_pixel(). To the right there is a CL_Surface object drawn with CL_Surface::draw(), in the middle you can see a bit of the blue background, and to the left there's the pixelbuffer drawn with this code:
    Code:
    for (int i = 0; i < buffer.get_height(); i++)
    {
    	for (int j = 0; j < buffer.get_width(); j++)
    	{
    		gc->draw_pixel(j, i, buffer.get_pixel(j, i));
    	}
    }
    ...where gc is a pointer to the graphic context and buffer is a CL_PixelBuffer object obtained from the surface by CL_Surface::get_pixeldata(). I've called CL_PixelBuffer::lock() before getting the pixels, as told in the reference manual. I've even tried calling unlock(), and calling neither lock() nor unlock(), but the results are the same: CL_Surface::draw() shows the original PNG image as it appeared when I saved it, but CL_PixelBuffer::get_pixel() gives strange results. Is this a bug or have I done something wrong?

BTW, the image was edited from Super Mario 64 textures.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    In Finnish, "Strange" is spelled "Outo" which is very similar to my real first name, but that's not the main reason why my friends chose to call me that...

No homepage yet, but when my raycaster becomes good enough to be released, I'll make one.

Hmm, interesting. Sounds like a bug - are you using the latest SVN 0.8?

Could you possibly attach a sample app source zip showing the problem? (could use the Basic2D example as the base..)
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Default Re:

I am using the latest stable version of ClanLib 0.8 (no SVN, downloaded it from ClanLib's home page). Attached is a zip with the source file (containing the code that I already quoted) and the PNG texture file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    In Finnish, "Strange" is spelled "Outo" which is very similar to my real first name, but that's not the main reason why my friends chose to call me that...

No homepage yet, but when my raycaster becomes good enough to be released, I'll make one.

Cool

I ran it and it works correctly here. (winxp, radeon 800 XL) (both images look identical, not washed out or weird alpha values)

If possible, please try it with the SVN 0.8, when I added the BMP loader I did fix some long standing pixel conversion issues...

If that doesn't fix it, it may be a specific video card issue.

PS: A file called ".bricks.png" was included in your zip in the __MACOS dir, I tried it too, but the PNG loader asserted it was a bad png.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Trying to download the latest SVN 0.8 gives me an error:
    Safari ei voi avata kohdetta ”svn://esoteric.clanlib.org/ClanLib/Development/ClanLib-0.8”, koska Mac OS X ei tunnista internet-osoitteita, jotka alkavat ”svn:”.
    That is:
    Safari is unable to open the location ”svn://esoteric.clanlib.org/ClanLib/Development/ClanLib-0.8”, because MacOS X is unable to identify paths beginning with ”svn:”.