Thread: The fastest way to draw pixel by pixel?

A city called Loviisa, in southern Finland, Europe.

Angry The fastest way to draw pixel by pixel?

A loop of CL_Display::draw_pixel() calls is very slow, especially when the number of pixels to be drawn approaches the total number of pixels on the display window. Is there any faster way to draw single pixels?
    In Finnish, "Strange" is spelled "Outo" which is very similar to my real first name, but that's not the main reason why my friends chose to call me that...

No homepage yet, but when my raycaster becomes good enough to be released, I'll make one.

The fastest way is probably to draw everything to a pixel buffer, then set a surface with it (each frame), so the video hardware only has to be sent a single texture each frame.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

A city called Loviisa, in southern Finland, Europe.

Not much faster for me... Maybe I did it wrong, although what you describe sounds like nothing else but CL_Surface::set_pixeldata (which I used).
    In Finnish, "Strange" is spelled "Outo" which is very similar to my real first name, but that's not the main reason why my friends chose to call me that...

No homepage yet, but when my raycaster becomes good enough to be released, I'll make one.