Thread: A few UI suggestions and possibly a bug..

Squire

Default A few UI suggestions and possibly a bug..

A few UI ideas I had while suffering from insomnia..

1. Auto-Paste. A toggle in which you only have to left-click on the map area to paste a tile. For some reason I just find CTRL-V tedious when pasting en-mass.

2. Quick-Hiding the tool windows. Sometimes the windows get in the way when editing. Granted I could just middle-click and drag to get to the corners, or even move the window itself, buut I'm lazy. This is done in Photoshop with the TAB key, and I think thats where I get the compulsion to do it.

3. When selecting from a list in a dialog box, I often use the mouse wheel to scroll through the list. When doing so in Novashell though, the middle-click's focus is still on the map area, so I end up zooming in and out. I've experienced some weird glitches when doing this too.. I'll try to investigate further on that matter. It would be nice if the focus were on the list itself, or if it was just turned off all together.

4. A hotkey to reset the camera to 0,0.

5. A way to order and delete Map Layers. I'm sure this is already in the works. Just thought I'd mention it though.

Nothing too terribly important I guess. Just some suggestions.

Thanks, will add.

Note on #5: There curently is a way to reorder and delete layers - double click the layer in the active for edit window and its properties will come up, you can set its "sorting priority" which controls the order they are listed/rendered. Also, there is a delete layer button on that screen.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Just started playing with Novashell yesterday, seems very awesome! Will have lots of fun with this..

One wierd thing I've noticed is that sometime the editor will get all dumb and forget certain things, even after I've saved.. I have to restart the entire app to get it working right..

One feature request would be when zooming in & out, the point of reference for the zoom should be based on where the mouse cursor is, kinda like how google earth works.. Or just make a better way to pan.. I have a really nice mouse (Intellimouse Explorer), but even with that thing its still kinda hard to hold down the scroller button and pan around.

good job so far!!

Quote Originally Posted by nullvalue View Post
    J
    One wierd thing I've noticed is that sometime the editor will get all dumb and forget certain things, even after I've saved.. I have to restart the entire app to get it working right..
    Thanks nullvalue,

Hmm, any more details you can give on this? If I can reproduce it I can fix it.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

No problem, I'll try to find a trend.

Lesser Wizard

Regarding the auto-paste feature request -- why no do something like neverwinter nights toolset? Where you essentially have a pallette of stuff and you can turn the brush on and off -- basically "painting" with tiles.

Hmm, good idea. A "paint mode" would be pretty useful when working with tiles.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies