Thread: zlib

Default zlib

I believe I am getting this error because I need the zlib files.

I download them and then linked there include and lib files but the error still persists. The error only shows up when I try to build my project. Which is just the basic shell for clanlibs at the moment. Does anyone know how to fix this.

-------------------Configuration: snakeGame - Win32 Debug--------------------
    Linking...
    LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "zlib-static-mt-debug.lib"
    Error executing link.exe.

snakeGame.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

When ClanLib is compiled in windows it has sneaky pragma's that will link to the binaries automatically, you don't need to manually specify the linkage, they just need to be in the library path.

You probably just have to rename them to be what it's looking for.

If you were using vc7/8 I'd suggest just downloading these which are already named correctly for ClanLib.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Default thanks

Thanks that helped but there are some many to be changed everytime i change one another error appears. I changed alot but now I can't find the libvorbis.lib file anywhere to change. It is weird too because I have already installed libvorbis. I looked on the web as well and saw nothing. I hope after all of this is done I wiil be able to write a game soon, too much time being spent on the basics : (!

I turned off vorbis now I get the error when I try to run it

the ordinal55 could not be located in the dynamic library zlib1.dll

......Is it normal to get so many problems?
    Last edited by megumiaraki; 12-07-2006 at 08:07 PM.